Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Default Gainfully employed?

I was out tearing down the wheelchair ramp we constructed 4 years ago for my
mom when a Katherne Hepburn look-a-like passed by on the other side of the
street while walking her dog. Since it's garbage day, she found a desk
thrown out by one of our neighbours.
Next thing I know she's back with a sub-compact sedan and is struggling to
squeeze this desk into the trunk. I could tell in a flash that it wasn't
going to happen. Next thing she's over on my side asking who owns my red
Ford Ranger. I admitted it was me and she attempts to hire me to pickup &
deliver the desk for $5.00.
Since she was a fellow dog walker and I assumed a neighbour, I asked where
she lived and offered to deliver it no charge. She insisted I take her
money and proceded to shove a big handful of loose change at me. After
delivery was completed she wanted to know if I hired out my truck. I said
no..it was for towing my sailboat. She then offered me $20. to deliver some
objects to an address about a 12 minute walk from our neighbourhood.
Said I was busy but would think about it...got home and found out she
stiffed me....counted only $4.44 in change.
%%&^^% little old ladies!