Default Wouldn't you know it...

On May 15, 5:47 am, "Don White" wrote:
"Chuck Gould" wrote in message

oups.com...

On May 14, 7:28 pm, "Don White" wrote:

Told ya! Not too late to keep her and upgrade yourself to a real
sailor.

"upgrade"? :-)

*improve...better.....reform....refine.......ameli orate.......amend....help*.........rectify..*
That's it for my cheap thesaurus!

Don, it isn't the word itself, it's the concept. How could one
possibly "upgrade" to sailing?
notice big grin

"Chuck Gould" wrote in message
oups.com...
On May 15, 5:47 am, "Don White" wrote:
"Chuck Gould" wrote in message

oups.com...

On May 14, 7:28 pm, "Don White" wrote:

Told ya! Not too late to keep her and upgrade yourself to a real
sailor.

"upgrade"? :-)

*improve...better.....reform....refine.......ameli orate.......amend....help*.........rectify..*
That's it for my cheap thesaurus!

Don, it isn't the word itself, it's the concept. How could one
possibly "upgrade" to sailing?
notice big grin

Ask any sailer if sailing is an upgrade over those stinky, noisy infernal
combustion monsters that polute our waterways. :-)

On Tue, 15 May 2007 14:34:12 -0300, "Don White"
wrote:

"Chuck Gould" wrote in message
roups.com...
On May 15, 5:47 am, "Don White" wrote:
"Chuck Gould" wrote in message

oups.com...

On May 14, 7:28 pm, "Don White" wrote:

Told ya! Not too late to keep her and upgrade yourself to a real
sailor.

"upgrade"? :-)

*improve...better.....reform....refine.......ameli orate.......amend....help*.........rectify..*
That's it for my cheap thesaurus!

Don, it isn't the word itself, it's the concept. How could one
possibly "upgrade" to sailing?
notice big grin

Ask any sailer if sailing is an upgrade over those stinky, noisy infernal
combustion monsters that polute our waterways. :-)

Don, do you know what this symbol :-} means in the USA? Or, did
you just miss it?

On Mon, 14 May 2007 23:28:00 -0300, "Don White"

.. .
I spent the entire day taking the trailer out from under the Halman in
order to do a complete trailer refurb - man that was a job and a half.
I haven't worked that hard in freakin' years.

So, wouldn't you know it, but I had two emails on it tonight and one
is coming to see it tomorrow, the other Wendsday.

Watch me sell it and the buyer wants it by Thursday.

Heh - he/she will just have to wait on that one. It will take me two
weeks to recover. :)

By the way, interesting side effect of removing the boat from the
trailer - it looks like a completely different boat - very stylish
with a certain "attitude" - only way I can explain it.

Told ya! Not too late to keep her and upgrade yourself to a real sailor.

And be a Squid?!?

NEVER!!

wrote:

"Chuck Gould" wrote in message
groups.com...
On May 15, 5:47 am, "Don White" wrote:
"Chuck Gould" wrote in message

oups.com...

On May 14, 7:28 pm, "Don White" wrote:

Told ya! Not too late to keep her and upgrade yourself to a real
sailor.

"upgrade"? :-)

*improve...better.....reform....refine.......ameli orate.......amend....help*.........rectify..*
That's it for my cheap thesaurus!

Don, it isn't the word itself, it's the concept. How could one
possibly "upgrade" to sailing?
notice big grin

Ask any sailer if sailing is an upgrade over those stinky, noisy infernal
combustion monsters that polute our waterways. :-)

Don, do you know what this symbol :-} means in the USA? Or, did
you just miss it?

I can tell you what it means in Canada Johnny... so why don't you tell me
what it means south of the border.

Senior Member

On May 15, 1:34 pm, "Don White" wrote:
[...]

Around here we call em' New Yorkers. :-)

On May 15, 10:34 am, "Don White" wrote:
"Chuck Gould" wrote in message

oups.com...
On May 15, 5:47 am, "Don White" wrote:

"Chuck Gould" wrote in message

roups.com...

On May 14, 7:28 pm, "Don White" wrote:

Told ya! Not too late to keep her and upgrade yourself to a real
sailor.

"upgrade"? :-)

*improve...better.....reform....refine.......ameli orate.......amend....help**.........rectify..*
That's it for my cheap thesaurus!

Don, it isn't the word itself, it's the concept. How could one
possibly "upgrade" to sailing?
notice big grin

Ask any sailer if sailing is an upgrade over those stinky, noisy infernal
combustion monsters that polute our waterways. :-)

That really ought to be easy to do.

As you know, we stinkpotters are compelled to steer clear of the
ragboaters when they're under sail. That still doesn't present much of
a problem in getting close enough to most sailboats to ask the
suggested question. Unless they're in an organized race or just
putzing aorund the bay for the afternoon, 9 out of 10 sailboats are
most frequently powered by stinky, noise, infernal combustion motors
while all sails remain fully secured. In fact, due to lack of
maintenance a good many of those sailboats seem to produce a greater
quantity of smoke (absolutely on on a per HP basis) than we
stinkpotters do.

However, I have heard many of your tribe observe, "Well, we *could*
sail, if we wanted to."
And they are, of course, entirely right.

"John H." wrote in message
On Tue, 15 May 2007 17:39:57 -0300, "Don White"
wrote:

. ..
wrote:

"Chuck Gould" wrote in message
legroups.com...
[...]

It means that whatever was said, was said with a chuckle, i.e., a little
humor.

You know, like when you imply Canadians are such gas misers and then show
us that their most popular vehicle is a Ford F-150 pickup. :}

Quit smiling at me. It makes me nervous!

wrote:

"Chuck Gould" wrote in message
glegroups.com...
[...]

I bet he loved to drop his bar of soap when in the Army showers. Maybe that
was the start of his coming out.