Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
[email protected] (leon skunkers)

Default Commentary: Death by 1,000 cuts in Iraq

On 23 Aug 2003 02:44:28 GMT, Ignoramus25883
wrote:

In article , Tim May wrote:
In article , Ignoramus25883
wrote:

There is only one item in this article with which I mildly disagree:

`` There was certainly no hint in any of the oceans of
confident comment and prediction that issued forth from such circles
before the March-April war that U.S. forces would never be able to
establish effective civilian control over much of Iraq and that
instead it would almost immediately fall into the hands of rabidly
anti-American Shiite and Sunni religious networks and never
thereafter be seriously challenged. ''

But... What about me? What about my comment that it was a bad idea to
invade a country where civilians are armed to the teeth? As an NRA
member, I know very well that it is a bad idea, and I was not shy to
communicate it. But no one listened to the poor old Ignoramus!
Everyone thought that they were genius patriots and that Ignoramus
was, well, an ignorant traitor. Now I am in the unfortunate role of a
Cassandra, which American servicemen are getting killed in Iraq for no
good reason.

And me, and others, even George Bush, Sr. (recall the 1998 book quote I
posted here, which I'll post again at the end, as a reminder).

Okay, so we see a rush of intelligent people trying to establish that
they, too, warned others about the dangers of this invasion. And
obviously your predictions are well remembered. I just wanted to
embellish my own role a little, as that UPI article gave me a perfect
chance.

The stupid sheople "patriots" who thought themselves to be experts in
Realpolitik and salivated at the thought of stolen Iraqi oil, are
slowly realizing that something is not quite right. Expect them to
blame Bush who "misinformed" them. But make no mistake, they were
intentionally blind to his obvious lies.

Even some pro-gun people forgot why the founding fathers intended us
to be armed to the teeth, and decided that invading a country with
much more brutal people who are armed to the teeth with great personal
weapons (RPG-7 and AK-47), was a great idea.

and including (despite Iraq's generally secular population) no small
number of people more than willing to glorify themselves and secure
eternal buddy status with Allah by blowing themselves up along with as
many "oppressors" as possible. People so disposed as notoriously hard
to stop. Israel's experiences with them - even after turning their
entire country into a ****ty, repressive armed camp where fear is
constant, torture sanctioned, and freedom basically nonexistant -
should be ample evidence of that.