Default Doggie Do?

"Thank God the dog did what the dog did," said the owner.

What did the doggie do?

*****************

Dog overturns boat, then swims to shore to fetch help for owner in
upstate New York
AP
CARMEL, New York (AP) - A 72-year-old upstate New York man feared for
his life after his dog overturned his small boat - but the springer
spaniel made up for it by swimming 400 yards (365 meters) to shore to
fetch help.

Al Lotrecchiano was fishing on Lake Gilead on Wednesday and had just
caught what he said was the largest bass in his life. As he was
throwing the fish back in the water, the dog put its paw on the side
of the boat, flipping it over.

"My life flashed before me," Lotrecchiano recalled Thursday.

Lotrecchiano started swimming to shore but, figuring he'd never make
it, quickly returned to his boat and clung to the side. Bucky swam to
shore and ran home barking, Carmel Fire Chief Darryl Johnson said.

Lotrecchiano's wife, Dimmy,

(OK, interjecting here for a moment..who the heck would name their
daughter "Dimmy" and who would marry such a woman?)

heard the barking and stepped outside their lake shore home to see
what was happening. She then heard her husband's screams for help.

At about the same time, a neighbor called authorities to report a man
calling for help from the lake, said Carmel police Lt. Brian Karst.

Lotrecchiano was rescued after about 45 minutes in the water. He was
treated for hypothermia at a hospital.

"Thank God the dog did what the dog did," Lotrecchiano said.

On 3 May 2007 21:27:43 -0700, Chuck Gould
wrote:

(OK, interjecting here for a moment..who the heck would name their
daughter "Dimmy" and who would marry such a woman?)

Dimmy is a very popular name - Russian, Polish, Latvian and I've even
known a Dimmy Greek.

It's short for any number of names.

wrote:

(OK, interjecting here for a moment..who the heck would name their
daughter "Dimmy" and who would marry such a woman?)

Dimmy is a very popular name - Russian, Polish, Latvian and I've even
known a Dimmy Greek.

It's short for any number of names.

Hey, who would name their son after a variety of ground hamburger meat,
and who would marry such a man? :}

wrote:

(OK, interjecting here for a moment..who the heck would name their
daughter "Dimmy" and who would marry such a woman?)
Dimmy is a very popular name - Russian, Polish, Latvian and I've even
known a Dimmy Greek.

It's short for any number of names.

Hey, who would name their son after a variety of ground hamburger meat,
and who would marry such a man? :}

Um...

Wha?

"Chuck"

Wassamatta? You don't go to Stop and Shop or Grand Union?

worse, who would name a kid DICK?

wrote:

(OK, interjecting here for a moment..who the heck would name their
daughter "Dimmy" and who would marry such a woman?)
Dimmy is a very popular name - Russian, Polish, Latvian and I've even
known a Dimmy Greek.

It's short for any number of names.
Hey, who would name their son after a variety of ground hamburger meat,
and who would marry such a man? :}

Um...

Wha?

Wassamatta? You don't go to Stop and Shop or Grand Union?

Actually, no.

Prices are much higher than Big Y or Price Chopper.

Must be all those free health care Union contracts. :)

On Fri, 04 May 2007 11:47:06 GMT, "longshot" wrote:

worse, who would name a kid DICK?

Anybody remember Dick Trickle?

Seriously - oddest name ever.

"Chuck Gould" wrote in message
oups.com...
"Thank God the dog did what the dog did," said the owner.

What did the doggie do?

*****************

Dog overturns boat, then swims to shore to fetch help for owner in
upstate New York
AP
CARMEL, New York (AP) - A 72-year-old upstate New York man feared for
his life after his dog overturned his small boat - but the springer
spaniel made up for it by swimming 400 yards (365 meters) to shore to
fetch help.

snip

"Thank God the dog did what the dog did," Lotrecchiano said.

Ya gotta love those English Springer Spaniels. Taking mine back to the
breeder for his first real haircut this weekend. Wife will be observing and
learning.
$200.00 for clippers & thinning shears should pay for themselves over the
lifetime of the dog.

wrote:

(OK, interjecting here for a moment..who the heck would name their
daughter "Dimmy" and who would marry such a woman?)

Dimmy is a very popular name - Russian, Polish, Latvian and I've even
known a Dimmy Greek.

It's short for any number of names.

Hey, who would name their son after a variety of ground hamburger meat,
and who would marry such a man? :}

Um...

Wha?

It's a snarky comment. The same kind that get krause upset when it
happens to him or his sycophants.

krause, ever the flaming hypocrite...

-- Charlie