Default The Bush administration refuses to pay for all of them.......

On Apr 25, 6:23�am, wrote:
First, the Corps of Engineers is choked for lack of funding, now.....

http://www.starnewsonline.com/apps/p...=/20070423/EDI...

.... what's next.....
--

Grady-White Gulfstream, out of Oak Island, NC.

eMail

Homepagehttp://pamandgene.idleplay.net/* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Rec.boats at Lee Yeaton's Bayguidehttp://www.thebayguide.com/rec.boats* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
-----------------www.Newsgroup-Binaries.com- *Completion*Retention*Speed*
-----------------

It's a matter of priorities.

The Administration is spending so much money on the things that are
personally important to certain people and corporations in high places
that it has to be done outside the Federal Budget. For "reasons of
security" we won't even know exactly how much we've spent or how many
decades it will take to pay it back until change of watch in 2009- if
then.

The funny aspect of this has to be that if a buch of guys in turbans
ran up and down the coast in a RIB to destroy our weather buoys and
nav aids or were dropping bombs to silt up our navigation channels,
we'd consider that an act of "terror" and spend hundreds of billions
of dollars tearing up some randomly selected country somewhere in
response. If our own neglect (or the reprioritization of domestic
funds for pointless overseas sabre rattling) allows our navigation and
weather systems to fall into disrepair, how different is the result
than if a bunch of "radical Islamists" set out to do it deliberately?

The lack of dredging is a nationwide problem, by the way. Waterways
that have been routinely dredged on a regular schedule are beginning
to silt up
in many areas, and the Corp of Engineers typically claims that it has
no idea if or when funds will be allocated to maintain navigable
conditions.

You guys back east get some serious weather. Wonder how long it will
be before people die in one of your hurricances, due specifically to
lack of information that could have been provided by one of the out of
service weather buoys?

"Chuck Gould" wrote in message
oups.com...

You guys back east get some serious weather. Wonder how long it will
be before people die in one of your hurricances, due specifically to
lack of information that could have been provided by one of the out of
service weather buoys?

You have to consider that satellites can now provide much, if not all of the
data obtained with moored weather buoys, including temperature and sea
state.

They can't help with the dredging though.

Eisboch