Tim Tim is offline

Default weed trimmer conversion to outboard mudmotor

On Apr 4, 6:47 pm, "Calif Bill" wrote:
"Tim" wrote in message

ps.com...

On Apr 4, 6:34 pm, "jimhigh66" wrote:
Tnx Tim
According to some posts on the "google site" the clutches tend to burn-up
when converted to this use.
The mud motor (one brand name: go-devil) design puts the prop well back
behind the transom so the splashing water probably wouldn't be a problem
to the boat. ( Have you looked at "mud-motor" designs ?? )
I considered adapting a tolling motor but there is the weight of the
battery and limited "range" compared to gas power.
Regards, Jim H.

Well come to think of it, I saw, I believe on ebay, where Honda had a
"mud motor" and demonstrating it, had a guy in some jon boat ...
standing up, tuddering this contraption along. it was reminding me of
the boats in the Thialand and that part of asia where they had these
small car engines on some gondola type boat tooling down canals, etc.

Anyhow, this dude is standing in the back of this jon boat, and the
sequence of pics shows him attacking a beaver dam. The boat climbs
right up the side of the dam with the prop chopping away at the wood
sticks, and evidently it went fast enough that when it got to the top
it threw the guy out of the boat.

Most strange indeed.

You see the Honda and mostly Yamaha extended shaft mud motors all over the
Amazon. A dugout canoe with a 8' or so shaft extending off the back. I did
not see any using them in the mud, but the river carries a lot of silt. But
these motors are a lot bigger than a weed eater motor. At least 25-40 hp.- Hide quoted text -

Check THIS out!

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j2.../motorside.jpg

this thread is really interesting.

http://www.boatdesign.net/forums/sho...?t=1681&page=4

Tim Tim is offline

On Apr 4, 9:04 pm, "Tim" wrote:
On Apr 4, 6:47 pm, "Calif Bill" wrote:

"Tim" wrote in message

ups.com...

[...]

http://www.boatdesign.net/forums/sho...t=1681&page=4- Hide quoted text -

HA!
Jim, I saw your posting at the very last on page 7 .

i would assume that if you followed the guys advice you could do the
same with a 4 cycle as well.

needless to say, the one in the pic looks very professional and
factory looking.

weed trimmer conversion to outboard mudmotor jimhigh66 Boat Building 10 April 17th 07 05:14 PM
Weed Eater Conversion t Boat Building 6 July 19th 06 03:14 AM
Force 9.9hp to 15hp Outboard Conversion Questions [email protected] General 2 December 23rd 04 11:02 PM
Jet Outboard / Conversion ? Bob La Londe General 4 December 29th 03 05:56 AM
Tiller and outboard - which one controls ? Sven General 6 December 6th 03 02:15 AM