Default great B'day present.

Not a new boat, but a flight in an AT6 / Texan. Wife and kids surprised me
with this one. Not a clue. After 39+ years of marriage, is still fun. I
get to pilot it also.
http://www.americanwarbird.com/

"Calif Bill" wrote in message
ink.net...
Not a new boat, but a flight in an AT6 / Texan. Wife and kids surprised
me with this one. Not a clue. After 39+ years of marriage, is still fun.
I get to pilot it also.
http://www.americanwarbird.com/

That *is* cool. Have fun!

Eisboch

"Eisboch" wrote in message
. ..

"Calif Bill" wrote in message
ink.net...
Not a new boat, but a flight in an AT6 / Texan. Wife and kids surprised
me with this one. Not a clue. After 39+ years of marriage, is still
fun. I get to pilot it also.
http://www.americanwarbird.com/

That *is* cool. Have fun!

Eisboch

In addition:

Now you've done it. I pretty much stopped flying because I was frankly
getting too big to comfortably fit in the cockpit of a small plane like a
Cessna. Plus, I was so out of shape that I began to doubt I would pass the
required physical and was too embarrassed to find out.

But, now that I've returned to "normal" size, exercise everyday and have
lowered my blood pressure reading to well under 120/70, I realize I could
easily pass the physical. So .... I think I'll go get re-qualified. Alpha
One Flight School .... here I come.

Eisboch

"Eisboch" wrote in message
news

"Eisboch" wrote in message
. ..

"Calif Bill" wrote in message
ink.net...
[...]

Oh oh! Someone better warn Mrs. E to dig out her chequebook.

On Mar 29, 12:09 am, "Calif Bill" wrote:
Not a new boat, but a flight in an AT6 / Texan. Wife and kids surprised me
with this one. Not a clue. After 39+ years of marriage, is still fun. I
get to pilot it also.http://www.americanwarbird.com/

I've got a manual that goes with the movie they showed Naval cadets
that were training in the AT-6. I've also got A/P manuals for it. My
uncle worked on them.

"basskisser" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Mar 29, 12:09 am, "Calif Bill" wrote:
Not a new boat, but a flight in an AT6 / Texan. Wife and kids surprised
me
with this one. Not a clue. After 39+ years of marriage, is still fun.
get to pilot it also.http://www.americanwarbird.com/

I've got a manual that goes with the movie they showed Naval cadets
that were training in the AT-6. I've also got A/P manuals for it. My
uncle worked on them.

Always liked the AT6. One of the models I made and flew in my model
airplane days.

Tim Tim is offline

On Mar 28, 11:09 pm, "Calif Bill" wrote:
Not a new boat, but a flight in an AT6 / Texan. Wife and kids surprised me
with this one. Not a clue. After 39+ years of marriage, is still fun. I
get to pilot it also.http://www.americanwarbird.com/

GREAT!

I remember my first airplane ride was in 1969 at an air show. i got to
go up in a Stearman "Cloudboy" like this one:

http://www.airbum.com/pireps/YPT93.jpg

He bought it off a crop dusting company and was restoring it back to
origional specs with some more "modern refinements" , he said

the pilot gave me some ear plugs, and he gave me a motorcycle helmut
with goggles, and thats about it. After being strapped in, and I DO
mean strapped in, away we went.

I dont' know how high we went or how long we were up, but it was the
best $30.00 I believe I've spent yet.

Enjoy yourself!