Doug Kanter

Default The Latest Bush-ism...

"Gene Kearns" wrote in message
On Thu, 28 Aug 2003 13:55:01 GMT, "Doug Kanter"
wrote:

and the help system takes you to their web site, instead of having
those files resident on the user's machine. Is that still the case?

Nope. I don't ever remember that being the case, though Agent support
is available through the "Help" menu. IMHO, that is a good idea.
Instead of asking you to buy another iteration of the program (like
Micro$oft) Agent puts new and updated programs and information on
their website.... for free. Best way I know of to have the most up to
date program and information for the best price.

That last point is a good one, but still, placing all the help files on

the
publisher's web site is a major design sin. The excuse often given is

that
the company can update the help files as needed, but that's a crock. The
same help files can also be downloaded to the user's machine to replace

the
previous ones. A user should never have to depend on a connection which

may
not exist at certain times, for one reason or another.

I don't disagree. Not sure I made this clear. I have a full Agent
"Help" menu resident on my computer. More information (and more
current information) is available through their website.

OK. Now I'm awake. :-)