Default Gadgets, gizmos and silliness.

Ordered something for the boats from Rhode Island, delivered by FEDEX.

There's a little add-in for browsers that lets you track your stuff from
UPS, FEDEX, et cetera, by plugging in the tracking number.

Here's the tracking map:

http://img393.imageshack.us/my.php?i...eliveryqo7.jpg

Notice the backtracking from Memphis. Fly the package to Memphis, then
offload it and fly it back to Dulles? This is efficiency, eh?

VISTA has a neat little "snipping" tool that makes it easy to capture
anything off the screen and save it. The map was snipped. Just
discovered the snipping tool...maybe I'll become a mohel.

Enjoy your day.

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
Ordered something for the boats from Rhode Island, delivered by FEDEX.

There's a little add-in for browsers that lets you track your stuff from
UPS, FEDEX, et cetera, by plugging in the tracking number.

Here's the tracking map:

http://img393.imageshack.us/my.php?i...eliveryqo7.jpg

Notice the backtracking from Memphis. Fly the package to Memphis, then
offload it and fly it back to Dulles? This is efficiency, eh?

VISTA has a neat little "snipping" tool that makes it easy to capture
anything off the screen and save it. The map was snipped. Just discovered
the snipping tool...maybe I'll become a mohel.

Enjoy your day.

The pay is great but the tips are good.

On Thu, 22 Mar 2007 15:31:27 -0400, Harry Krause

On Thu, 22 Mar 2007 08:38:20 -0400, Harry Krause
wrote:

Notice the backtracking from Memphis. Fly the package to Memphis, then
offload it and fly it back to Dulles? This is efficiency, eh?

That's just the way "hub" operations work. If you flew Delta from
Providence to New York you would probably change planes in Atlanta.
Everything that ships FedEx air goes to Memphis. The US Postal System
works the same way. If you mail a letter across town it goes to the
regional sorting center first and that might be several hundred miles
away.

Yes, I know. I just find it odd. And it is unlikely I would find myself
in Atlanta for any reason. If I had to take a flight via Atlanta I'd
find another airline first.

It's interesting that they would fly a package there from CA and back
again, but the economics work for some reason in volumes that Fed Ex
deals with.

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
Ordered something for the boats from Rhode Island, delivered by FEDEX.

There's a little add-in for browsers that lets you track your stuff from
UPS, FEDEX, et cetera, by plugging in the tracking number.

Here's the tracking map:

http://img393.imageshack.us/my.php?i...eliveryqo7.jpg

Notice the backtracking from Memphis. Fly the package to Memphis, then
offload it and fly it back to Dulles? This is efficiency, eh?

VISTA has a neat little "snipping" tool that makes it easy to capture
anything off the screen and save it. The map was snipped. Just discovered
the snipping tool...maybe I'll become a mohel.

Enjoy your day.

Thanks Harry. What is the name of this browser add-on?

JimH wrote:
"Harry Krause" wrote in message
Ordered something for the boats from Rhode Island, delivered by FEDEX.

There's a little add-in for browsers that lets you track your stuff from
UPS, FEDEX, et cetera, by plugging in the tracking number.

Here's the tracking map:

http://img393.imageshack.us/my.php?i...eliveryqo7.jpg

Notice the backtracking from Memphis. Fly the package to Memphis, then
offload it and fly it back to Dulles? This is efficiency, eh?

VISTA has a neat little "snipping" tool that makes it easy to capture
anything off the screen and save it. The map was snipped. Just discovered
the snipping tool...maybe I'll become a mohel.

Enjoy your day.

Thanks Harry. What is the name of this browser add-on?

Package Mapping. Got it from packagemapping.com or something like that.
It's on the firefox site.

JimH wrote:
"Harry Krause" wrote in message
Ordered something for the boats from Rhode Island, delivered by FEDEX.

There's a little add-in for browsers that lets you track your stuff from
UPS, FEDEX, et cetera, by plugging in the tracking number.

Here's the tracking map:

http://img393.imageshack.us/my.php?i...eliveryqo7.jpg

Notice the backtracking from Memphis. Fly the package to Memphis, then
offload it and fly it back to Dulles? This is efficiency, eh?

VISTA has a neat little "snipping" tool that makes it easy to capture
anything off the screen and save it. The map was snipped. Just
discovered the snipping tool...maybe I'll become a mohel.

Enjoy your day.

Thanks Harry. What is the name of this browser add-on?

Package Mapping. Got it from packagemapping.com or something like that.
It's on the firefox site.

Thanks..........I will give it a look.

"JimH" wrote in message

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
Ordered something for the boats from Rhode Island, delivered by FEDEX.

There's a little add-in for browsers that lets you track your stuff from
UPS, FEDEX, et cetera, by plugging in the tracking number.

Here's the tracking map:

http://img393.imageshack.us/my.php?i...eliveryqo7.jpg

Notice the backtracking from Memphis. Fly the package to Memphis, then
offload it and fly it back to Dulles? This is efficiency, eh?

VISTA has a neat little "snipping" tool that makes it easy to capture
anything off the screen and save it. The map was snipped. Just discovered
the snipping tool...maybe I'll become a mohel.

Enjoy your day.

Thanks Harry. What is the name of this browser add-on?

Just looked at the UPS tracking for a package, and flags an exception for
the package. Delayed by a late train.