posted to rec.boats.paddle

Default Movie about diverse small boats?

And I don't mean a whitewater kayak movie! : )

If that isn't your whole world, read on... : )

Does anyone know of a movie that celebrates the huge diversity of
small boats?

(I daresay the WW scene has been done. And, really, a lot of WW these
days isn't about the boats---what boat? all I see is a plastic
slipper---it's about the adrenaline DOOOOD. : ) All exceptions
apply. Nothing wrong with a little enjoyable non death-defying humpy
water... But who makes movies of that? ...Other than Bill Mason.)

Anyway, I'd like to see a movie that showcased nifty scenes and
examples of small, homebuilt:

(let's riff here a bit...)

houseboat
beach cruiser sail/row
sea kayak (skin?)
junk rig cruiser
sailing canoe 50/50
trimaran
ama'ed cat
grumman canoes turned into cat or something weird
pedal boat
water tribe rig
surfski
bolger boats
michalaks
folding bike pulling a folding canoe set up as a trailer which also
carries the luggage

Wouldn't it be neat to see a movie medley of these?

These couldn't be anything fancy or ornate. All serviceable, homebrew
goodies. Boats meant to be USED. As boats. Not fetish objects.

Maybe a movie like this or close enough is out there...

--JP
outyourbackdoor.com