Default Calling all Floridians and those in Southern waters

Boating stories, please. Pretty please?
Throw us polar bears a bone.

TIA,

--Vic

On Mar 3, 9:36 pm, Vic Smith wrote:
Boating stories, please. Pretty please?
Throw us polar bears a bone.

TIA,

--Vic

Ok Vic: I just got back from Chicago where the Lake was NOT frozen.
However, here in Tallahassee, it was nearly 80 last Saturday, took the
Tolman to Carabelle to go to Dog Island but it was too rough outside.
So, went up the river instead. Had lunch on a spoil island, went
further up. Carabelle River becomes the New River flowing out of
Tates Hell Swamp and winds for miles through the National Forest.
Waaaaaaaaay upriver, there were several sailboats tied to the bank in
the National Forest and they looked like they were long termers, river
only about 100' wide. Hmmmm, no slip rent, not a bad idea if you like
10 miles on a dirt road to get to the nearest paved one. Interesting
old iron bridge with a road going nowhere. We coulda gone further but
were running out of daylight. This sort of exploring is the reason
why I built the Tolman.
We'll be thinking of you when its 100 degrees and 99% humidity.

On 3 Mar 2007 19:21:25 -0800, "Frogwatch"
wrote:

[...]

Thanks! I could almost feel it. Even slapped at a skeeter on my neck
a couple times.
I've never been in those parts, so I looked at google maps a bit.
Sort of confused me in regard to your excursion, but I did get an idea
of what you said - lot's of uninhabited swamp-like land with some
rivers running through it, and access to the Gulf. Nice.

We'll be thinking of you when its 100 degrees and 99% humidity.

Well, you can think of me undergoing the same, since my main vacation
time in Florida is August-Oct. And I love it.

--Vic