Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Default Stern Drive Conversion

I have inherited a 25' MirroCruiser with a 305 and a pre-Alpha Stern Drive
(the one with loop on the top bearing cover).
I have never had this in the water yet.
I have never owned a boat before but I am pretty tech savy.
I needed to repair a few things including:
- the motor (new pistons and valves and I converted it to an electric fuel
pump).
- rewired the charging and added an additional battery with optional solar
charging.
so I took it out and while doing that was surprised to see "REDONE" stamped
on the side of the STERN DRIVE. There was an "O" ring when I took the drive
off the transom gimbal but I see no rubber hose connecting through to the
closed cooling system - It appears to blanked off at the transom end.
There is a pipe in through the hull with a valve and that connects via a hose
to a seawater pump fitted to the engine..
My assumption is that the pre-Alpha drive has been converted somehow.....!!!!!