Default Searay vs Cruisers-Yachts-Inc.

wrote in message
oups.com...
On Jan 29, 7:13 pm, "Butch Davis" wrote:
On boatered.com/forum/ there is a thread in the cruisers forum that you
may
find interesting. It is not pretty and may not be typical but I
recomment
you have a look.

As to outdrives. Given the cost of the boat you are comtemplating you
should consider changing marinas if the depth of your marina will not
allow
you to use a conventionally propped boat. I think you'll find that a
boat
of that size will be very difficult to sell on the used market when the
time
for that inevitably comes.

Butch"JimH" wrote in message

wrote in message
roups.com...
I have a 2004 SeaRay 260 w/ AlpahIII out drive and Mercruiser Gas
Engine. Looking to step up in size, 35-37ft. SeaRay is Caddillac of
Bruswick Boats with Maxum being the Pontiac and BayLiner being the
Chevy. Where does Cruisers Yachts Fit in terms of Quality?
I have no real issues w/ SeaRay but I do like the layouts of the
Cruisers a bit more. Also wondering if i should step up to Diesels in
stead of gas.

Thoughts?

Have you also looked at Regal and Maxum (a SeaRay without the
*Bling*)?- Hide quoted text -

Jim, my marina is my house!

I think you are replying to Butch's post, not mine.

Good luck with the search!

I'm the guilty party espousing a change in marina. Sorry! However, I still
feel it'll be difficult to sell a large boat with outdrives when the time
comes.

Butch

Butch"JimH" wrote in message

wrote in message
roups.com...
I have a 2004 SeaRay 260 w/ AlpahIII out drive and Mercruiser Gas
Engine. Looking to step up in size, 35-37ft. SeaRay is Caddillac of
Bruswick Boats with Maxum being the Pontiac and BayLiner being the
Chevy. Where does Cruisers Yachts Fit in terms of Quality?
I have no real issues w/ SeaRay but I do like the layouts of the
Cruisers a bit more. Also wondering if i should step up to Diesels in
stead of gas.

Thoughts?

Have you also looked at Regal and Maxum (a SeaRay without the
*Bling*)?- Hide quoted text -

Jim, my marina is my house!

JimH tends to overlook a lot while reading.
--
John H

Butch"JimH" wrote in message

wrote in message
[...]

John Herring/JLH tends to overlook a lot while reading. ;-)

If you're buying new, the local dealer is at least as important as the
boat, since they assemble it on site and do all the warranty work.
Check them out as well.

Well, they do assemble a number of things after taking delivery from the
manufacturer. So you definitely want to make sure they've got their act
together for doing stuff like that. Ask to see how your model of boat comes
delivered. Be wary of how things are added aftermarket. Anything putting a
hole through the hull damn well better be done right. You don't want to get
stuck in the middle of a ****ing match between a half-ass dealer install of
something and the manufacturer's warranty on the hull.

Cruisers Yachts vs Four Wiins vs Sea Ray its me Cruising 2 July 7th 05 02:11 AM
Cruisers 2670 vs. Bayliner 2651 Kevin Despot Cruising 3 July 6th 05 05:41 AM
Wheeler Yachts revived after 40 years [email protected] General 8 April 5th 05 09:51 PM
Cruisers own websites Rod Cruising 0 September 28th 04 07:55 PM
Website for cruising yachts Rod Cruising 0 September 9th 04 09:04 PM