Default Flares

Are people really this stupid? They think that because I tested Pains
Wessex SOLAS flares and Orion flares that I shouldnt expect the Orion
flares to work. Huh? Generally when I buy something, i expect it to
work almost as well as advertised. For safety equipment, I expect even
more. In this case, NONE of the Orion flares fired. GET THAT, NONE,
not even the current ones. ZERO, NADA, ZIP, ZILCH. ALL THE PAINS
WESSEX fired. Get that, I meant ALL, even those 9 years old, ALLL,
A-L-L.. Now, if yer too stupid to understand this, git outa the boat
afore you git hurt.

"Frogwatch" wrote in message
oups.com...
Are people really this stupid? They think that because I tested Pains
Wessex SOLAS flares and Orion flares that I shouldnt expect the Orion
flares to work. Huh? Generally when I buy something, i expect it to
work almost as well as advertised. For safety equipment, I expect even
more. In this case, NONE of the Orion flares fired. GET THAT, NONE,
not even the current ones. ZERO, NADA, ZIP, ZILCH. ALL THE PAINS
WESSEX fired. Get that, I meant ALL, even those 9 years old, ALLL,
A-L-L.. Now, if yer too stupid to understand this, git outa the boat
afore you git hurt.

There was a recall on the Orion Flare guns. I think was something I read in
BoatUS Seaworthy. Maybe google it.

Charlie Morgan wrote:
On Mon, 04 Dec 2006 19:07:33 GMT, "Calif Bill"
wrote:

"Frogwatch" wrote in message
roups.com...
Are people really this stupid? They think that because I tested Pains
Wessex SOLAS flares and Orion flares that I shouldnt expect the Orion
flares to work. Huh? Generally when I buy something, i expect it to
work almost as well as advertised. For safety equipment, I expect even
more. In this case, NONE of the Orion flares fired. GET THAT, NONE,
not even the current ones. ZERO, NADA, ZIP, ZILCH. ALL THE PAINS
WESSEX fired. Get that, I meant ALL, even those 9 years old, ALLL,
A-L-L.. Now, if yer too stupid to understand this, git outa the boat
afore you git hurt.

There was a recall on the Orion Flare guns. I think was something I read in
BoatUS Seaworthy. Maybe google it.

It had top do with the breech not opening far enough to insert the
flare.

CWM

Pains Wessex hand flares 9 years old fired with no problems (9 Pains
Wessex flares) ALL hand held Orion flares from less than 2 years old
to 6 years old failed to fire (a total of 12-15 Orion ). I fired a
very large number of 12 guage Olin/Orion flares ranging from almost
out-of-date (but still current) to 15 years old. Only the current ones
performed satisfactorily. I cannot remember the number of Pains Wessex
parachute flares but it was roughly 6. All fired ok although two older
ones had their chutes fail partially.

Speaking of flares..... Tim Cruising 15 December 4th 06 06:11 PM
Fool Proof way to dispose of old flares!! [email protected] General 4 August 25th 05 01:37 AM
Expired flares Steve General 14 August 19th 05 02:32 PM