Default OT; Wild weather...

Just had a wind gust here of 40 Mph or 35 Knots or um....what are they
using in Europe now - meters or something? Ok, that would be...um...
64 Kph or something like that - just off the top of my head - division
isn't my strong suit. :)

Wow - just had another one! - 42 Mph.

Another fun evening...

Just came back from Belmont, CA and a funeral. Was frosty this morning in
the shady areas and 62 coming home. Nice clear weather.

Tim Tim is offline

I talked with a friend in St. Louis today and they've been without
power since 6:00 am.
And his son and daughter-in-law live in Ks. and got 6" of snow on top
of the ice they got from all the rain yesterday. Naperville IL.
(chicago area) got 2" of snow per hr...they should be used to it. Here
in S. IL. we missed all the heavy snow, but most of the day the temp
bordered on freezing. ground was mushy and what little bit of snow and
sleet we got was gone by 12 noon. But really breezy today. no fun
working outside. Tomorrow is supposed to be colder, but calm and sunny.
I'm glad I finally drained and winterized the ChrisCraft last night!

Calif Bill wrote:
Just had a wind gust here of 40 Mph or 35 Knots or um....what are they
using in Europe now - meters or something? Ok, that would be...um...
64 Kph or something like that - just off the top of my head - division
isn't my strong suit. :)

Wow - just had another one! - 42 Mph.

Another fun evening...

Just came back from Belmont, CA and a funeral. Was frosty this morning in
the shady areas and 62 coming home. Nice clear weather.

Tim Tim is offline

absolutely beautirful weather today. High 40's almost no breeze and
sunny. Just got back from splitting a bunch of wood for dad, and am
getting ready to get a haircut, pick up a bunch of candles for our
Candlelight Christmas service at Church, maybe go by the boat shop, if
they're still open, and tonight take the wife out for dinner.

really nice day!

On 2 Dec 2006 11:37:43 -0800, "Tim" wrote:

absolutely beautirful weather today. High 40's almost no breeze and
sunny. Just got back from splitting a bunch of wood for dad, and am
getting ready to get a haircut, pick up a bunch of candles for our
Candlelight Christmas service at Church, maybe go by the boat shop, if
they're still open, and tonight take the wife out for dinner.

really nice day!

Good luck with dinner.

Today our temp climbed to the early 50's, which made golfing enjoyable.
Tim Tim is offline

Boat shop isn't open on Saturdays

Rats! I was going to question them on some stuff, and see about a
flare kit, if they had any, and what-not.

but tonight? Temp in the low 40's , no wind, and not a cloud in the
sky.

beautiful!

JohnH wrote:

Good luck with dinner.

Today our temp climbed to the early 50's, which made golfing enjoyable.

Glad to hear hell didn't "freeze over" for you , John.

On 2 Dec 2006 16:28:56 -0800, "Tim" wrote:

JohnH wrote:

Good luck with dinner.

Today our temp climbed to the early 50's, which made golfing enjoyable.

Glad to hear hell didn't "freeze over" for you , John.

It's supposed to get a little colder tonight, low 30's. Don't buy your
flares any earlier than necessary, they have expiration dates on them. I'd
wait until the start of boating season and check the dates.
Tim Tim is offline

JohnH wrote:
..

It's supposed to get a little colder tonight, low 30's. Don't buy your
flares any earlier than necessary, they have expiration dates on them. I'd
wait until the start of boating season and check the dates.

Yes,John. I don't have plans on getting them just to sit around the
winter. But simply getting my "ducks in a row"

On 2 Dec 2006 16:37:19 -0800, "Tim" wrote:

JohnH wrote:
.

It's supposed to get a little colder tonight, low 30's. Don't buy your
flares any earlier than necessary, they have expiration dates on them. I'd
wait until the start of boating season and check the dates.

Yes,John. I don't have plans on getting them just to sit around the
winter. But simply getting my "ducks in a row"

Good, you were sounding like you were going to go buy some tonight. Flares
can be ordered online:

http://tinyurl.com/y5sdx9

for example. They also have the cheaper ones.
Tim Tim is offline

Nossir, i was jsut going to check out what they had, and thats about
it.

Thanks for the link, John.

JohnH wrote:
.

It's supposed to get a little colder tonight, low 30's. Don't buy your
flares any earlier than necessary, they have expiration dates on them. I'd
wait until the start of boating season and check the dates.

Yes,John. I don't have plans on getting them just to sit around the
winter. But simply getting my "ducks in a row"

Good, you were sounding like you were going to go buy some tonight. Flares
can be ordered online:

http://tinyurl.com/y5sdx9

for example. They also have the cheaper ones.

NW Weather; Local Weather Station Thom Stewart ASA 1 April 10th 06 10:12 PM
HAM and SSB Frequencies Bill Cruising 5 August 18th 05 07:58 PM
bahamas hotel atlantis hotel bahamas grand bahamas island hotel atlantis hotel in the bahamas hotel in the bahamas adfunk Jehad Internet Cruising 0 February 4th 04 11:42 PM
Favorite weather sites? Larry W4CSC Cruising 5 September 9th 03 04:02 PM
Favorite weather sites? Larry W4CSC Electronics 5 September 9th 03 04:02 PM