Larry W4CSC

Default Synch Gauge Question -- Spelled properly

It's always fun to get your watch up by shutting down the synchronizer
on the 8V92TAs and setting them for the "washing machine sound"...that
rolling thunder in the bilge....(c;

8V92TAs sound great about 30 RPM off sync.....

Larry W4CSC

Maybe we could get the power grid fixed if every politician
regulating the power companies wasn't on their payrolls.
Paul

Sync or Synch?

Ha, you caught that. The speeling dicshunary liked both so I just left it.

You didn't say which one was correct, the sync gauge or the tachs. That
is, when the sync gauge shows the engines to be in sync, are they really
in sync even though your tachs are a few hundred rpm off? You can tell
from the sound and feel. I'd be willing to bet that the sync gauge is
right and that one or both of the tachs are wrong.

Thanks for the reply, I think I get it now. It makes sense that the time
reference would be the tricky part.

I'm not entirely sure which is correct but I'll pay closer attention this
weekend. I'm betting the tachs are off too.