Default YouTube

I've noticed a lot of posters here spend a bit of time on YouTube and
other video sites. Just a heads up, there are some malicious codecs
floating around.

On Tue, 31 Oct 2006 11:54:32 -0000, "thunder"
wrote:

I've noticed a lot of posters here spend a bit of time on YouTube and
other video sites. Just a heads up, there are some malicious codecs
floating around.

I suspect that was the cause of my recent spyware computer problems.
Fortunately, SpyDoctor cleaned everything up and I haven't had any problems
since. All the scans for the past week or so have been clean.
I keep it monitoring in the background.

Eisboch

Short Wave Sportfishing wrote in
:

And now that YouTube is pulling down all the copyrighted material,
what's left - nuttin. :)

Sure there is.....USENET, same as always!....(c;

I'm amazed the number of people on text groups that haven't a clue how to
get binaries off usenet. You just cannot download all of what you want....

Larry
--
I'm manning the talking pumpkin, tonight, same as every Halloween. Most
kids never talked to a pumpkin with a

When he brings back his friends, the stupid pumpkin says
nothing. Pumpkins can't talk, you know....(c;

If he/she comes to the door and says the pumpkin talked to
him/her, he/she gets a golden dollar coin, instead of the

"Eisboch" wrote in
:

I suspect that was the cause of my recent spyware computer problems.
Fortunately, SpyDoctor cleaned everything up and I haven't had any
problems since. All the scans for the past week or so have been
clean. I keep it monitoring in the background.

Eisboch

Uninstall all Macromedia software....
Leave IE running ActiveX/Javascript/Java so you can get to Windoze UPdate
for the bug fixes.....
Download Opera or Foxfire for general browsing and turn off all
Javascript, Java, ActiveX, GIF movies, etc. all those "features" that
allow any webpage coder to take over your computer and run stuff from his
webpage on it.
Uninstall Windows Scripting Host, also called Virtual Basic Scripting,
those .vbs file virii stupid email programs like Outlook run to install
the virii/trojans/spyware/etc. With no scripting OS to run them on,
getting a .vbs script file does NOTHING...and is very educational to
read. I collect .vbs virii.

ONLY use the wide-open IE browser to update your Micro$not software and
do your banking. All other webpages, ESPECIALLY MEDIA AND COMMERCIAL
WEBPAGES, use sealed-up Opera or Foxfire. I like Opera because it has a
direct fast menu to turn on these features YOU control, when YOU want to
trust "them"....

Webpages that won't let a straight browser, sealed up from the scripting
and program running ARE HIDING SOMETHING from you. They simply will
bomb, not install the crapware to run....

Wanna see a computer eat up with unwanted crapware? Let a little girl go
to any girly dress-up-the-dolly website from reputable major companies.
God, what a mess!

Larry