Default Middle California boating

Middle California boating

http://morrobayphotos.com/uscg/USCG%20MLB%20Action/

On Tue, 31 Oct 2006 03:00:16 GMT, "Calif Bill"
wrote:

Middle California boating

http://morrobayphotos.com/uscg/USCG%20MLB%20Action/

Bah.

Charlestown Breachway is tougher than that.

Damn Californians - think everything is bigger and better. :)
--

"What the hell's the deal with this newsgroup...
is there a computer terminal in the day room of

Bilgeman - circa 2004

Odd hting is that it can be very calm at sea out of Morro Bay and still have
the swells break like that at the entrance. Another fact is the most
dangerous entrance on the West Coast is up by Chuck at the Columbia Bar.
2nd most dangerous is the entrance to San francisco Bay. There are bars on
both the north and south of the ship channel and both can break in big seas.
The North Bar or Four Fathom bank is great to go up on Land's End / Pt.
Bonita and watch on the days where we get a 20'+ swell. Take your hot
toddie or warm drink of choice and your main squeeze and make a day of
watching. Also may save you if you get caught out there at bad tide change.

wrote:

Middle California boating

http://morrobayphotos.com/uscg/USCG%20MLB%20Action/

Great pictures, thanks.

Calif Bill wrote:
"basskisser" wrote in message
oups.com...

Short Wave Sportfishing wrote:
On 31 Oct 2006 07:18:07 -0800, "basskisser"
wrote:

Calif Bill wrote:
Middle California boating

http://morrobayphotos.com/uscg/USCG%20MLB%20Action/

I was up north of you at Fort Bragg once, siteseeing and was at the
point where the protected marina there met the sea, and that is one
rough place! I watched a 30 footer or so coming in, and he certainly
had a handful when he hit the breakwater!

Fort Bragg is in North Carolina - like next to Pope AFB.
--

You need a better CA map then. Get one. Then, check out the coast of
Mendocino county. Let me know if you can find Fort Bragg, CA. If not,

Actually the harbor is at Noyo. Always a bad day when you hit the
breakwater. I have fished out of there a few times, and maybe I just picked
calmer days, but as long as you line up to come under the bridge, all is
fine. Gets shallow real quick beyond the commercial area and the CG docks.
And yes Tom, there is a Fort Bragg in California. May even be older than
Ft. Bragg, NC.

Yup, that's the one, Bill. I know the day I was there, I was walking
the beach watching boats come in, and out at the breakwater, that was
one nasty looking SOB. It was tossing the hell out of those boats.
Watched one back off for another try it screwed him up so bad!

"basskisser" wrote in message
ups.com...

wrote:

Calif Bill wrote:
[...]

You want bad, go to Depot Bay, OR. There is hole and a kink in the middle
of the passage way.

Short Wave Sportfishing wrote:

wrote:

Calif Bill wrote:
Middle California boating

http://morrobayphotos.com/uscg/USCG%20MLB%20Action/
I was up north of you at Fort Bragg once, siteseeing and was at the
point where the protected marina there met the sea, and that is one
rough place! I watched a 30 footer or so coming in, and he certainly
had a handful when he hit the breakwater!
Fort Bragg is in North Carolina - like next to Pope AFB.
--

You need a better CA map then. Get one. Then, check out the coast of
Mendocino county. Let me know if you can find Fort Bragg, CA. If not,
let me know, I'll give you a better geography lesson.

Well I'll be danged - I didn't know that.

Oh well, unlike some folks here, I can admit that I can make a
mistake.

Did you know there is a Camp Pendleton in Virginia?