Default Consider this an official complaint...

"Short Wave Sportfishing" wrote
Changing time standards sucks.

My solution - the good old 24 hour clock - no time changes.

Why do we need time zones? I don't know about anywhere else, but around here
the sun comes up in the morning regardless of whether my clock says 7AM or
1200GMT or something else altogether.

On Sun, 29 Oct 2006 08:56:21 -0500, "Ernest Scribbler"
wrote:

Why do we need time zones? I don't know about anywhere else, but around here
the sun comes up in the morning regardless of whether my clock says 7AM or
1200GMT or something else altogether.

Blame the railroads. They started the whole thing with their
schedules and people asking when the train would arrive. Before that,
every podunk town in the world had their own idea of what time it was,
and no one could prove them wrong.

Of course if the railroads hadn't gotten around to it, surely radio
stations, the airlines and network broadcasters would have fixed
things.

wrote:

Why do we need time zones? I don't know about anywhere else, but around here
the sun comes up in the morning regardless of whether my clock says 7AM or
1200GMT or something else altogether.

Blame the railroads. They started the whole thing with their
schedules and people asking when the train would arrive. Before that,
every podunk town in the world had their own idea of what time it was,
and no one could prove them wrong.

Of course if the railroads hadn't gotten around to it, surely radio
stations, the airlines and network broadcasters would have fixed
things.

Sir Stanford Fleming. Born in Scotland, he then immigrated to Canada
and lived & died here in Halifax.
http://www.occdsb.on.ca/~sel/cahero/...rd_fleming.htm
http://www.canadacool.com/COOLFACTS/...rdFleming.html