Default Stormy weather

The National Weather Service has issued a significant storm warning for our
area starting early Sat AM and extending into Sunday. Sustained winds of 35
mph with gusts of up to 60 mph.

So, here I am back on the boat to ride it out. Should be fun.

Eisboch

"basskisser" wrote in message
ups.com...

Eisboch wrote:
The National Weather Service has issued a significant storm warning for
our
area starting early Sat AM and extending into Sunday. Sustained winds of
35
mph with gusts of up to 60 mph.

So, here I am back on the boat to ride it out. Should be fun.

Eisboch

got beer?

Gave up beer. sigh. Lotsa coffee and hot chocolate, though.

Eisboch

Eisboch wrote:
The National Weather Service has issued a significant storm warning for our
area starting early Sat AM and extending into Sunday. Sustained winds of 35
mph with gusts of up to 60 mph.

So, here I am back on the boat to ride it out. Should be fun.

Eisboch

Not the safest place you could be.
Jim

"jiminfl" wrote in message
ups.com...

Eisboch wrote:
The National Weather Service has issued a significant storm warning for
our
area starting early Sat AM and extending into Sunday. Sustained winds of
35
mph with gusts of up to 60 mph.

So, here I am back on the boat to ride it out. Should be fun.

Eisboch

Not the safest place you could be.
Jim

It's safe enough. I am in the back basin here and it's somewhat protected.
If we get the winds they are predicting, I'd rather be down here to check
the lines on the boats rather than being home worrying about them.

Besides, it's fun.

Eisboch

"Eisboch" wrote in message

"jiminfl" wrote in message
ups.com...

Eisboch wrote:
The National Weather Service has issued a significant storm warning for
our
area starting early Sat AM and extending into Sunday. Sustained winds
of 35
mph with gusts of up to 60 mph.

So, here I am back on the boat to ride it out. Should be fun.

Eisboch

Not the safest place you could be.
Jim

It's safe enough. I am in the back basin here and it's somewhat
protected. If we get the winds they are predicting, I'd rather be down
here to check the lines on the boats rather than being home worrying about
them.

Besides, it's fun.

Eisboch

I am glad I put the boat to sleep last weekend, including putting the winter
cover on. We are seeing heavy rains and winds tomorrow are expected to come
close to 50 mph.

Our friends with the Lyman had hoped to put the tarp on their boat
tomorrow.................key word 'hoped'....;-)

Eisboch wrote:
The National Weather Service has issued a significant storm warning for
our
area starting early Sat AM and extending into Sunday. Sustained winds of
35
mph with gusts of up to 60 mph.

So, here I am back on the boat to ride it out. Should be fun.

Eisboch

got beer?

Gave up beer. sigh. Lotsa coffee and hot chocolate, though.

Eisboch

Oops! Did you give it up by choice, or were you medically forced??!!

But, there isn't much better than a nice hot cup of coffee when it's
cold and you're lounging. Do you spend the bad weather on your boat for
safety purposes or just because you like to?

" JimH" not telling you @ pffftt.com wrote in message
. ..

"Eisboch" wrote in message

"jiminfl" wrote in message
ups.com...

Eisboch wrote:
[...]

Went out boating today. Sunburn weather. Hate them water weeds. Had an
overheat today. The mossy stuff plugged up the input end of the heat
exchanger. Franks track is a flooded island and is about 8' deep. With
weeds about 2' below the surface. No Black Bass, lots of little stripers.
Decision for tomorrow. SF Bay and halibut and stripers or mokelumne river
and stripers and salmon and LM bass? Supposed to cooler tomorrow. High
30's at night, 70's daytime.

"basskisser" wrote in message
oups.com...

Oops! Did you give it up by choice, or were you medically forced??!!

But, there isn't much better than a nice hot cup of coffee when it's
cold and you're lounging. Do you spend the bad weather on your boat for
safety purposes or just because you like to?

Just time to clean up my act. Started working out in the gym, losing some
pounds, lifting some weights, just generally trying to get back to a
reasonable facsimilie of my former self. I love the taste of a good beer,
but the beer no longer loves me. It comes with age.

As to your question of the boat and weather .... both. They are both still
in the water and as a practice I try to check on them before a good blow. I
also enjoy staying on the Navigator when the weather is bad and the winds
are blowing. It's a nice escape.

Eisboch

"Calif Bill" wrote in message
.net...

Went out boating today. Sunburn weather. Hate them water weeds. Had an
overheat today. The mossy stuff plugged up the input end of the heat
exchanger. Franks track is a flooded island and is about 8' deep. With
weeds about 2' below the surface. No Black Bass, lots of little stripers.
Decision for tomorrow. SF Bay and halibut and stripers or mokelumne river
and stripers and salmon and LM bass? Supposed to cooler tomorrow. High
30's at night, 70's daytime.

So, when do you guys in the SF Bay area consider the boating season to be
"over"?
Or do you?

Eisboch

NW Weather; Local Weather Station Thom Stewart ASA 1 April 10th 06 10:12 PM
HAM and SSB Frequencies Bill Cruising 5 August 18th 05 07:58 PM
bahamas hotel atlantis hotel bahamas grand bahamas island hotel atlantis hotel in the bahamas hotel in the bahamas adfunk Jehad Internet Cruising 0 February 4th 04 11:42 PM
Favorite weather sites? Larry W4CSC Cruising 5 September 9th 03 04:02 PM
Favorite weather sites? Larry W4CSC Electronics 5 September 9th 03 04:02 PM