Default Corporate America gone amok...

Short Wave Sportfishing wrote:
http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/10/25/D8L00DT02.html

"Going to the other side of the street can be a barrier," said Launi
Skinner, senior vice president in charge of Starbucks' store
development.

In my little area of NE Connecticut, there are nine Duncan Donuts
within the corporate limits of Putnam, population 9, 100. Nine of
them. Everything from a big kitchen/training store to small bistro
type stores that have no kitchens, but are supplied by the kitchen
store. There are two Starbucks and one private entity coffee shop.

There used to be three little coffee/donut shops in Putnam that were
run as mom/pop operations - no longer.

Now I ask you - why does the town of Putnam need one big corporate
supported coffee, muffin/pastry/donut shop per 766 people?

Seriously.
--

I was under the impression that you lived close to the coast??