Jim Jim is offline

Default Help stomp out chuckie dots!

_ _ _ Oops! One got away. ~

"Jim" wrote in message
ink.net...
_ _ _ Oops! One got away. ~

We could write to his magazine, but he probably reads all the mail. :-(
He'd censor us.

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
"Jim" wrote in message
ink.net...
_ _ _ Oops! One got away. ~

We could write to his magazine, but he probably reads all the mail. :-(
He'd censor us.

Not at all. However, it's a boating magazine so judging by your
performance in the NG you would have little or no interest in it and
wouldn't have anything to say that could possibly be relevant to our
readers.

Chuck Gould wrote:
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
"Jim" wrote in message
ink.net...
_ _ _ Oops! One got away. ~

We could write to his magazine, but he probably reads all the mail. :-(
He'd censor us.

Not at all. However, it's a boating magazine so judging by your
performance in the NG you would have little or no interest in it and
wouldn't have anything to say that could possibly be relevant to our
readers.

Chuck do you really think that someone has to think about, write about,
dream about boats 24/7 just because they are interested in them? I have
a boat, really like it, love being on it, etc. But I also have other
interests. Do you constantly talk about your boat when you are on it?

basskisser wrote:
Chuck Gould wrote:
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
"Jim" wrote in message
ink.net...
_ _ _ Oops! One got away. ~

We could write to his magazine, but he probably reads all the mail. :-(
He'd censor us.

Not at all. However, it's a boating magazine so judging by your
performance in the NG you would have little or no interest in it and
wouldn't have anything to say that could possibly be relevant to our
readers.

Chuck do you really think that someone has to think about, write about,
dream about boats 24/7 just because they are interested in them? I have
a boat, really like it, love being on it, etc. But I also have other
interests. Do you constantly talk about your boat when you are on it?

Not at all. But when I wanted to discuss, say, the history of the
American Civil War I would go to a Civil War newsgroup or forum. When I
want to talk about politics, I would go to a political newsgroup or
forum.

When I'm hungry for Chinese food, I don't go into an Italian restaurant
and start demanding that somebody better darn well put Sweet and Sour
Pork on the menu, I go to the Chinese joint. When I'm hungry for
Italian food I go back to the Italian place. How hard can that be? The
sign over the door says "Chinese Restaurant" or "Italian Restaurant".

The sign over this door says "Boating Newsgroup".

You should have a lot of interests if you are a well rounded person,
and there are appropriate venues in which to persue every one of them.

On 19 Oct 2006 10:09:10 -0700, "Chuck Gould"
wrote:

Not at all. But when I wanted to discuss, say, the history of the
American Civil War I would go to a Civil War newsgroup or forum. When I
want to talk about politics, I would go to a political newsgroup or
forum.

Good point.

When I'm hungry for Chinese food, I don't go into an Italian restaurant
and start demanding that somebody better darn well put Sweet and Sour
Pork on the menu, I go to the Chinese joint.

Speaking of which, here's a bit of related OT humor that I ran into
the other day:

http://webpages.marshall.edu/~will2/chowmein.swf

basskisser wrote:
Chuck Gould wrote:
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
"Jim" wrote in message
ink.net...
_ _ _ Oops! One got away. ~
We could write to his magazine, but he probably reads all the mail. :-(
He'd censor us.

Not at all. However, it's a boating magazine so judging by your
performance in the NG you would have little or no interest in it and
wouldn't have anything to say that could possibly be relevant to our
readers.

Chuck do you really think that someone has to think about, write about,
dream about boats 24/7 just because they are interested in them? I have
a boat, really like it, love being on it, etc. But I also have other
interests. Do you constantly talk about your boat when you are on it?

Bass,
It seems you enjoy the fight more than the discussion. Sure there are
others who do the same thing, but why not give it a rest and see if you
can have some normal conversation. It is too easy to hit your hot
buttons, and those who are looking for a fight, always know how to get
you going. The problem is they are boring fights that overload the NG
with crap. I mean how many times can you repeat the same lines about
being childish, being girly, or whatever. Sit back, chill and enjoy
life. rec.boats does not have to be about fighting with those who you
disagree. After all it is about recreational and boats.

Reginald P. Smithers III wrote:
basskisser wrote:
Chuck Gould wrote:
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
"Jim" wrote in message
[...]

I get damned tired of Chuck thinking he is sole owner and overlord of
rec.boats. I also get sick of the way he seems to not mind at all if
SOME people post off topic, reply to off topics, etc. But, then in the
same breath, admonish someone else for doing the exact same thing.

I like Chucky dots; they're yummy!
JR

Jim wrote:
_ _ _ Oops! One got away. ~