Default Volunteers Needed To Locate Radio Pirate, Tampa Bay Area

(gw) wrote:
wrote in message
"David" wrote:
Um, this is one of those things where the "hunter" could become the
hunted. My understanding of "pirates", is that they sometimes make
the loser "walk the plank". So, think about it, is it
worth the risk?

Here is a picture of the 'hunters'. It's up to you to decide
if you think they are worthy of any help..

http://www.geocities.com/aarronvoobner/price.html

damn....voobner's aka dwight's ....dick is smaller than
'her's'.....shims on rec.radio.cb because of the peter bumpin
akc's.......what a deal...........only in america...................

That is a strange looking pair, I noticed that pic is on the beach.
Think they are really just looking for a boat ride?

--
GO #40 The Chuggernaught
Keith

I think we should all band together to save Twistedhed. Let's all get out
and hold mikes near our mouths to overload these "volunteers". Oh, we could
be transmitting on VHF.

Now I want to tune in to see what he has to say! I'm sure he thanks you guys
for all the publicity!!!

--

Keith
__
"Boating Safety Comm Volunteers" wrote in message
om...
(rec.radio.cb,alt.fishing,rec.boats.crusing,rec.bo ats)

This Saturday, August 23, beginning at 7AM EST, at least one volunteer
boat will be cruising the Tampa Bay area in order to gather evidence
of an alleged pirate radio operator. His name is unknown, but he goes
by the handle of "Twistedhed", he is an illegal radio operator who
encourages others to do the same.

If you have a boat and are in the Tampa area, please join us in our
effort. You will be helping to contribute to the public good. Such
"radio pirates" often interfere with health and safety communications
and emergency transmissions. The purpose of this Saturday's activity
is to gain evidence to get "Twistedhed" busted for his freeband
violations by the FCC office in Tampa.

There is reason to believe "Twistedhed" may hold an amateur license.
If so, his penalties for operation on the "freeband" could be very
severe. Last fall the FCC tracked transmissions on 27.535 MHz to a
residence. The offender initially faced a $17,000 fine. This month
alone, FCC special counsel Riley Hollingsworth sent enforcement
letters to amateur licensees in Georgia and California regarding
unlicensed operation in and around 11 meters.

If you have a boat and are in the Tampa Bay area, we need your help.

To catch Twistedhed on the freeband and get him "FCC busted",
we will need to have solid evidence. One way is to photograph
him on his boat with a telephoto lens. Get the boat's name and
reg. number also in the photo. At the same time a recording
must be made of the operator illegally transmitting. It may be
difficult but it CAN be done. This method has been proven
successful by hams in North Carolina for catching illegal
truckers on 10 meters.

Be advised this is NOT stalking or harassment, simply a legal
effort to gain evidence and merely OBSERVE a crime being
committed. These are PUBLIC waterways and ALL boaters are
permitted to be there. We urge you NOT to confront Twistedhed.
Leave that to the FCC and the courts. You are just there to gather
evidence.

You will need a CB or shortwave receiver capable of receiving 27.555
mhz.

You will also need a LORAN or GPS.

We have confirmed these coordinates around Tampa Bay as "likely" areas
that he frequents:

The Ice Box is a large area that starts about 8 Nautical miles west
of Casey Key and 10.11 miles at a 209? mc from New Pass.
He is sometimes in this location.

Cuda Hole GPS: 2714.398 - 8245.326:
This ledge is called Table Rock and is one of many in the Cuda
Hole area that he goes to often.

Gully Loran C: 2715.002 - 8246.890:
Another large area with ledges he fishes at. A 259? mc for
10.29 miles out of New Pass will put you in the area that Twistedhed
frequents.

Swiss Cheese Loran C: 2712.031 - 8254.902:
This is a hard bottom area. A 250? mc for 18 miles out of
New Pass will get you started on locating him.

Old Barge GPS 2709.694 - 8253.053:
The Old barge is very old and in 80' feet of water. A 249.6? mc
for 17.69 miles from the New Pass sea marker is the Range
& Bearing. This is a Twistedhed favorite.

Point of Rocks GPS 2714.224 - 8231.829:
Warning, this place has large rock just under the waters surface
for some ways out from the beach. Please be careful. We make
fun of Twisty but the truth is that he IS a pirate operator, which
means he does not recognize the laws of the USA, so he may
try and run you aground if you get too close and he sees that you
are attempting to surveil him in the act of freebanding. Please
use CAUTION at all times.

Please send all tapes and photos to .

"Keith" wrote:
I think we should all band together to save Twistedhed. Let's all get out
and hold mikes near our mouths to overload these "volunteers". Oh, we
could be transmitting on VHF.

Now I want to tune in to see what he has to say! I'm sure he thanks you
guys for all the publicity!!!

That's RIGHT! Everyone point your beams at Florida and say 'Hail Twist'!

(only if the band is open) g

--
GO #40 The Chuggernaught