BoatBanter.com

-   -   Mold and mildew? (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/74750-mold-mildew.html)

D&LBusch October 10th 06 01:10 AM

Mold and mildew?

I have some mold starting on the inside of my canvas. What is the best way
to remove it and keep it from coming back? Thanks, David

Chuck Gould October 10th 06 05:46 AM

Mold and mildew?

D&LBusch wrote:
I have some mold starting on the inside of my canvas. What is the best way
to remove it and keep it from coming back? Thanks, David

If your "canvas" is Sunbrella or similar, a solution of diluted bleach
should kill the mold.
Mold is like any other plant, it grows where there is food (dirt) and
water. Keep your canvas clean and dry, and if you can't keep it dry at
least keep it clean. Good air circulation will go a long way toward
retarding mold and mildew as well.