Default Ot Stones sound good

I'm sitting here a mile away from the Halifax Commons and listening to
the Rolling Stones playing...even though my windows are closed against a
cold rainy night.
Actually I'm impressed with the sound quality...wonder if it's because
of the cloud cover? Of course, it's probably much too loud right in
front of the stage.
My son and a gang of his friends went, but even a modest crowd of 50K is
still a bit too much for me. As a sailor, I need elbow room.

To add to the congestion in a compact downtown area, an NHL Exhibition
game is going on (Boston Bruins vs New York Islanders)..
the Nova Scotia Film Festival is winding up this weekend and we have
four cruise ships in, including the QE2.

Don White wrote:
I'm sitting here a mile away from the Halifax Commons and listening to
the Rolling Stones playing...even though my windows are closed against a
cold rainy night.
Actually I'm impressed with the sound quality...wonder if it's because
of the cloud cover? Of course, it's probably much too loud right in
front of the stage.
My son and a gang of his friends went, but even a modest crowd of 50K is
still a bit too much for me. As a sailor, I need elbow room.

To add to the congestion in a compact downtown area, an NHL Exhibition
game is going on (Boston Bruins vs New York Islanders)..
the Nova Scotia Film Festival is winding up this weekend and we have
four cruise ships in, including the QE2.

Glad to hear you are enjoying it Don. Have you seen any videos of the
performance?

JimH wrote:
Don White wrote:

I'm sitting here a mile away from the Halifax Commons and listening to
the Rolling Stones playing...even though my windows are closed against a
cold rainy night.
Actually I'm impressed with the sound quality...wonder if it's because
of the cloud cover? Of course, it's probably much too loud right in
front of the stage.
My son and a gang of his friends went, but even a modest crowd of 50K is
still a bit too much for me. As a sailor, I need elbow room.

To add to the congestion in a compact downtown area, an NHL Exhibition
game is going on (Boston Bruins vs New York Islanders)..
the Nova Scotia Film Festival is winding up this weekend and we have
four cruise ships in, including the QE2.

Glad to hear you are enjoying it Don. Have you seen any videos of the
performance?

Show just ended a couple of minutes ago with 'Satisfaction' and some
fireworks. Son left an hour before the show was over, soaking wet and
chilled to the bone. I had advised him to take a 'real' raincoat, but
he insisted his new waterproof membrane type fabric jacket was all he
needed. I loved telling him 'I told you so".
Bab luck.. we've only had two real days of rain this month and today
was one of them.

Don White wrote:
JimH wrote:
Don White wrote:

[...]

Same thing with my son when he went to an outdoor concert this summer.
Instead of a poncho I suggested a garbage bag with head and arm
holes...........he decided to be cool and get wet. When he came home
soaked to the bone but happy I had to keep quiet as I know I have been
there before.

Kids..........you have to love them! ;-)

Don White wrote:
I'm sitting here a mile away from the Halifax Commons and listening to
the Rolling Stones playing...even though my windows are closed against a
cold rainy night.
Actually I'm impressed with the sound quality...wonder if it's because
of the cloud cover? Of course, it's probably much too loud right in
front of the stage.

Were you able to hear plenty of bass?
That's my buddy Daryl Jonesfrom Chicago, thundering his Lakland (also
made in Chicago) jazz bass guitar.

man, that guy can play!

JimH wrote: Glad to hear you are enjoying it Don. Have you seen any
videos of the
performance?

JimH - Do you know where there are any videos of the concert ? I saw 2
on Google Groups, Do you have knowledge of more. Point the Way !!
Thanks

wrote in message
oups.com...

JimH wrote: Glad to hear you are enjoying it Don. Have you seen any
videos of the
performance?

JimH - Do you know where there are any videos of the concert ? I saw 2
on Google Groups, Do you have knowledge of more. Point the Way !!
Thanks

No, sorry. I was wondering if his local tv channels were showing any video
of it.

JimH wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...

JimH wrote: Glad to hear you are enjoying it Don. Have you seen any
videos of the

performance?

JimH - Do you know where there are any videos of the concert ? I saw 2
on Google Groups, Do you have knowledge of more. Point the Way !!
Thanks

No, sorry. I was wondering if his local tv channels were showing any video
of it.

If anything shows up on tomorrows supper hour news, I'll post.

Don White wrote:

Were you able to hear plenty of bass?
That's my buddy Daryl Jonesfrom Chicago, thundering his Lakland (also
made in Chicago) jazz bass guitar.

man, that guy can play!

Cool that you know Daryl.

Yup...that's what seemed to penetrate the house walls a bit.
When I went outside (cold, windy, rainy night) everything, including the
singing & talking was very clear.
That's a pretty good gig he's landed, if you don't mind touring. I
believe the Stones chartered an Air Canada plane to fly them up from the
Boston area.. so no long bus rides in the middle of nowhere for them.

I feel really kind of bad for the guy in that he has been their de
facto bass player since '94, so that's four massive world tours and two
studio albums (I don't think he played on the latest album and I don't
think Ron Wood did much either, I think Mick, Keith and Charlie did it
as kind of a "virtual" band heavy on the overdubs) but they have never
deemed to credit him as a band member, it's always the other our of
them in the promo shots and taking the final bow at the shows,
relegating him to sideman status, doesn't seem right, The World's
Greatest Rock'n'Roll Band should have a bass player! Hey I"m not
saying he should get the same full cut as the rest, he didn't write any
of the music and the next-least-senior member, Ron Wood, has been with
them twenty years longer, so work out the money however you want but
just give him the well-deserved title of band member after all this
time and good work.

richforman