Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Default Lively zodiac

Hi all

I have a 4.5mtr zodiac futura air floor (new style with big blunt ended
tubes) with a 30hp Yam 2 stroke on a tiller. The boat really flies and
feels very stable with two or more in it, however if I try to use it on my
own it gets a bit hairy with the front end climbing to nearly 45 degrees
before dropping back onto the plane and then bouncing all over the place, it
feels as though it could flip without too much help. Short of putting a
couple of bags of sand in the front I'm at a loss to know what to do. Any
ideas anyone, I've wondered about bolt on hydrofoils, doelfins etc, but
having no experience with such things its hard to know what the effect would
be. Obviously sitting further forward would help but that would involve
steering gear, throttle control gear and fixed seating which would make a
nonsense of the main reason for this type of boat, ie it has to be easily
and quickly erected and put away agian afterwards.

Any help or suggestions will be appreciated.

Regards Ian

Zodiac owners manual Surfer General 0 March 19th 06 12:30 AM
Zodiac 285 - whats biggest motor ? Mr Wizzard General 4 November 2nd 04 06:34 PM
FS: Zodiac Z151 & Motor FishOrCutBait General 0 March 21st 04 04:31 AM
Zodiac Projet 350 sml Cruising 0 October 1st 03 06:19 AM