Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Junior Member

Default Why is the Ocean Blue or Grey

After 1 1/2 hours searching for an answer I came upon your website and saw that some one was asking what color the ocean is. I know what color the water is. I want to know why it is a beautiful blue in vacation spots (warm areas) and a greyish color where I live (which I love). My guess is because of the different colors of sand. But I want to know for SURE why it is. So if anyone absolutely knows the answer, or where I can get it, I would appreciate it. I don't want what "you think might be the reason". That is what I have gotten from my friends that I have asked. Thank you so much......this is one of these questions for me that I have been trying to get a real answer for a long time. TP