MGG MGG is offline

Default XM Radio like Vonage... easy to get in, hard to get out... RANT

I have a top of the line hardwired iPOD player in my vehicle, and am
able to listen to what I want when I want without any add'l fees and
without having to deal with any of these modern-day "Vonages."

Cool! Man those IPods are better than I thought. I only got XM radio so I
could listen to the Red Sox (live) while on the boat out here in CA. If an
Ipod can do that, I'm gettin' one. ;-)

--Mike

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
. ..
Gene Kearns wrote:
I just tried to cancel my XM subscription via the net and you can't
do it....

here's the pseudo-American email I got in response....

"Thank you for contacting XM Satellite Radio. We got your email
requesting to cancel. It is so unfortunate that you
would like to cancel your services, however for you
to cancel your service with XM please call 1-800-998-7900 between the
hours of 6 am and 2 am, Monday through Saturday and
Sunday 8 am through 8 pm Eastern Standard Time. An XM Satellite Radio
Listener Care phone representative will be happy to
assist you. Thank you, [Indian/Pakistani Name Deleted] XM's Listener Care
Email Team "

Just like my gripe with Vonage, this company has a special fast-track
number for signing up, but you want out, you are going to sit on hold
for some serious time before you get a human voice.

If you can sign up, alter account details, initialize the radio, and
pay via Internet, why not terminate service the same way......?

The reason? I just installed the new SIR-GM1 receiver in the truck...
and I like Sirius' programming better.... If anybody has a late model GM
product and factory installed satellite
radio.... this is a *very* simple black box conversion from XM to
Sirius... works exactly the same as before, keeping all of the factory
features.

I have a top of the line hardwired iPOD player in my vehicle, and am able
to listen to what I want when I want without any add'l fees and without
having to deal with any of these modern-day "Vonages."

"MGG" wrote in message
. com...
I have a top of the line hardwired iPOD player in my vehicle, and am

able to listen to what I want when I want without any add'l fees and
without having to deal with any of these modern-day "Vonages."

Cool! Man those IPods are better than I thought. I only got XM radio so I
could listen to the Red Sox (live) while on the boat out here in CA. If an
Ipod can do that, I'm gettin' one. ;-)

--Mike

Well they can't do that but they *can* be used as a cell phone, digital
camera, fish finder, depth finder and fax machine. Heck, they even have
hidden compartments that allow you to turn them into fishing rods. I
suggest you buy an Ipod Mini as it is the most powerful Ipod presently on
the market and will do all these things.......and more. Trust me.

But it will not receive Red Sux games. ;-)

MGG MGG is offline

Well they can't do that but they *can* be used as a cell phone, digital
camera, fish finder, depth finder and fax machine. Heck, they even have
hidden compartments that allow you to turn them into fishing rods.

I dunno if I need a fax machine on my boat...but ya never know.

But it will not receive Red Sux games. ;-)

HEY...careful there, they've won 2 in a row...they're on a tear! g

--Mike

" JimH" not telling you @ pffftt.com wrote in message
. ..

. com...