Default Evinrude 6 HP misfiring and stalling in neutral at low revs

Hiya Guys,
Any advice please Im not a mechanic but will take anything to bits if I
can, any advice on the above. Seem to misfire at higher revs also, it
fluctuates as well seems as though its going to stall then finds its
mojo again, please help

Also

Could you confirm its a 6 HP from its serial number along with letting
me know what year it is the serial number is c0074154

Cheers
Pete

Pete wrote:
Hiya Guys,
Any advice please Im not a mechanic but will take anything to bits if I
can, any advice on the above. Seem to misfire at higher revs also, it
fluctuates as well seems as though its going to stall then finds its
mojo again, please help

Also

Could you confirm its a 6 HP from its serial number along with letting
me know what year it is the serial number is c0074154

Cheers
Pete

Model number is more important... what is it?

Have you ever changed the coils, points, condensors?

Rob

hiya rob,

sorry that was the only number on the circular badge on the powerhead,
have not done anything to it yet.

Pete

Pete wrote:
hiya rob,

sorry that was the only number on the circular badge on the powerhead,
have not done anything to it yet.

Pete

What color is the paint other than the cowl, and the decoration on the
cowl? How about the model/serial number on the transom bracket?

Rob

trainfan1 wrote:
Pete wrote:

hiya rob,

sorry that was the only number on the circular badge on the powerhead,
have not done anything to it yet.

Pete

What color is the paint other than the cowl, and the decoration on the
cowl? How about the model/serial number on the transom bracket?

Rob

Here's a scanned photo of the diagram in my original Operators manual
for 1986 Evinrude YachtMaster 6 hp.
the model # plate is labeled as 28

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...dediagramA.jpg

Don White wrote:
trainfan1 wrote:

Pete wrote:

hiya rob,

sorry that was the only number on the circular badge on the powerhead,
have not done anything to it yet.

Pete

What color is the paint other than the cowl, and the decoration on the
cowl? How about the model/serial number on the transom bracket?

Rob

Here's a scanned photo of the diagram in my original Operators manual
for 1986 Evinrude *YachtMaster* 6 hp.
the model # plate is labeled as 28

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...dediagramA.jpg

Ooops .... that should be 'Yachtwin'

hiya guys, i found it tonight, was out cleaning boat and messing around
with engine, bought some new spark plugs today and some decarb.
As I was looking around the engine noticed another plate on the bracket
that holds it to the boat and yes there was another number at the front
but I cant remember what it was now and I did not write it
down.....doh......(in bed typing on lappy)
Engine does seem to be running smoother but it was like this before i
will have to take boat down to river tomorrow weather and wife
permitting ;o)

Pete wrote:
hiya guys, i found it tonight, was out cleaning boat and messing around
with engine, bought some new spark plugs today and some decarb.
As I was looking around the engine noticed another plate on the bracket
that holds it to the boat and yes there was another number at the front
but I cant remember what it was now and I did not write it
down.....doh......(in bed typing on lappy)
Engine does seem to be running smoother but it was like this before i
will have to take boat down to river tomorrow weather and wife
permitting ;o)

Congratulations!
Now take that model number and find it here..........
http://www.kencook.com/evinrudejohnsonmanuals/