Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Default Gross Weight Rating question...

If it has 4600 rating then it has to be able to handle normal use with that.
Structurally the trailer will probably handle as much as 50% over that.
There is a fudge factor. The tires mightbe the weakest point. What's the
rating on your tires?

I can't seem to find a solid answer for this, so I thought I'd seek
the collective wisdom of the group.

To wit:

A trailer rated for 4600 lbs GWR means that it will handle up to 4600
lbs of weight - including the trailer.

Now in my world, it seems to me that a "safe" load would be, say 80%
of the max rating including the trailer. But I can't find a
specification or recommendation that states the exact percentage of
what is considered a "safe" load.

I know I'm over complicating this some what, but I'm just trying to
cover all my bases.