Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
posted to rec.boats.paddle

Default St Croix ME

Can any one tell me about this river:

where can I park a car in Vancboro or at the lake 2 days down the river
?
Is it pretty safe in the area ?

Would it be feasable to leave a mountain bike at one end or use a
mountain bike to shuttle myself down the road along the river ? How is
the road if it rains. I am concerned it could be too muddy in that case
? Otherwise how can I get an affordable shuttle ? I am not working
currently and I seem to recall paying something close to $200 for this
kind of thing.

What are the rapids like if there's been allot of rain, do the wash out
or become class III/IV ?
My book is at home, and I am not there.

I am considering this run this late summer fall if I can arrange it,
but have never done it. I have done Penobscot east branch and some
rivers in Quebec ..