K. Smith

Default Johnson 70 outboard. Smoke at idle

Billgran wrote:

"K. Smith" wrote in message

Karen,

You prattle too much.

Bill Grannis
service manager

Bill,

& another brilliant technical defense from the OMC team.

You BS spruik & spam too much:-)

K. Smith

Joe wrote:

As you wish Joe. Your opinion is as valid as mine & you have the same
rights as I do to put it, the difference is I at least give the reasons

why I
hold mine.

There's no *opinion* on a technical fact.
A properly working 1990 VRO pump will never show 50-1 usage.

Joe I think you've missed the point, a brand new 90 VRO should never have
been less than 50 to 1 even from the factory. OMC admit this by not selling
any replacement or even parts, but insisting any repairs take that engine to a
static 50 or 60 to 1.

In normal circumstances for something as serious as a defective oiling
design (admitted by OMC because they won't even replace the pump at it's
original rates) should have led to a recall, but not OMC & eventually even
though the market was booming people just got sick or their BS & they are no
more.

Joe

Joe I think you've missed the point, a brand new 90 VRO should never have
been less than 50 to 1 even from the factory.

I totally agree that it *should* never have left the factory at less than
50-1, but the fact is they did.
In 1990 they were still being *designed* with 150-1 to 50-1 variable VRO.

My only beef is with your telling Mr. Diesel that his pump should be using
oil at a 50-1 ratio. In reality he would probably see around a 75-1 ratio.

Harry Krause

K. Smith wrote:
Billgran wrote:

"K. Smith" wrote in message

Karen,

You prattle too much.

Bill Grannis
service manager

Bill,

& another brilliant technical defense from the OMC team.

You BS spruik & spam too much:-)

We used to think you were totally full of crap, Karen, but then it was
explained to us that the crap only rose to your eyebrows, and the rest
of your head was filled with used toilet paper.

55 johnson for parts Bob General 1 July 11th 03 02:33 PM
Stiff steering on Johnson 15hp Lloyd Sumpter General 1 July 11th 03 12:22 AM
Idle Mixture on OMC inboard w/ Rochester 2bbl carb noah General 0 July 10th 03 01:32 AM