Default What is the alcohol policy on your boat?

None. No booze before, during or until after the boat is unloaded,
cleaned up and covered in the driveway.

Guest may not have alcohol either. If they don't like it, tough $h!t.
I'm not babysitting a bunch of drunks. There are enough of them on
the lake as it is, I don't need them in the boat with me.

Carlyle Lake had huge banners at every landing port, that says "ALCOHOL
AND BOATING DON'T MIX"

And they have plenty of conservation officers partoling the lake to
find whose been tanking it.

About every weekend, somebody gets hauled in.

Joey916 wrote:
None. No booze before, during or until after the boat is unloaded,
cleaned up and covered in the driveway.

Guest may not have alcohol either. If they don't like it, tough $h!t.
I'm not babysitting a bunch of drunks. There are enough of them on
the lake as it is, I don't need them in the boat with me.

The situation in your article isn't one that I can relate to.

For one thing, they weren't "sailors", they were in stationary boats.

from the article "It's probably not realistic to expect that the owners
of these secured and stationary boats will refrain from enjoying a few
beers, a little wine, or a couple of cocktails with friends and family
that may be aboard, but even this situation can get as mixed up as a
Margarita. If the visitors need to be taken to shore in a dinghy the
skipper needs to be sober."

I've never heard of a sailboater out on the water being busted for
alcohol. As soon as you say something like that, it'll happen. For
example, I never heard of a sail boat being busted for out of date
registration in the middle of a regatta and someone told me that it
recently happened on my lake.

Chuck Gould wrote:
We experienced a crackdown on BUI during our recent Seafair celebration
in Seattle. cut ...

Chuck Gould wrote:
: We experienced a crackdown on BUI during our recent Seafair celebration
: in Seattle.

: It might be interesting to know how much, or how little drinking others
: allow on a boat and under what circumstances.....

: I find that as I get older (but surely no wiser) I drink less than
: before. While I never drank much at all when underway, I'm down to
: virtually zero these days unless the boat is anchored or moored.

I only allow good alcohol on my boat.

b.