Default Vacation photos

Keep them coming! Here's mine:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/9281804...ith/206031356/

Risto
Helsinki. Finland

Cool! What kind of boat is "Emilia"? what powers it?

On 4 Aug 2006 13:51:31 -0700, "Varis" wrote:

Keep them coming! Here's mine:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/9281804...ith/206031356/

Risto
Helsinki. Finland

Very nice shots. How far is Helsinki from Amsterdam? My wife and I are
travelling to the Netherlands and Denmark in September.

Your shots of the area show it off quite well.
***** Have a Spectacular Day! *****

John

JohnH kirjoitti:

Very nice shots. How far is Helsinki from Amsterdam? My wife and I are
travelling to the Netherlands and Denmark in September.

Thanks, Helsinki is about 1500 km from Amsterdam. I recall one could
get two-way flights Helsinki-Dusseldorf for 200 eur, probably it's
cheaper with Ryanair etc.

Helsinki can be a bit dark and cold in late September though. (But I
suppose it's exotic for some people when trees are dropping their
leaves and stuff.) On top of that Finns have earned a great reputation
as shy and withdrawn people :-)

Denmark by my very limited experience is a very nice country. Pleasant
and well-kept by the looks of it. I once asked a half-stranger I met in
Usenet to house 3 people overnight, no problem. The breakfast was even
better than the bed :-)

Risto

On 5 Aug 2006 05:14:08 -0700, "Varis" wrote:

JohnH kirjoitti:

Very nice shots. How far is Helsinki from Amsterdam? My wife and I are
travelling to the Netherlands and Denmark in September.

Thanks, Helsinki is about 1500 km from Amsterdam. I recall one could
get two-way flights Helsinki-Dusseldorf for 200 eur, probably it's
cheaper with Ryanair etc.

Helsinki can be a bit dark and cold in late September though. (But I
suppose it's exotic for some people when trees are dropping their
leaves and stuff.) On top of that Finns have earned a great reputation
as shy and withdrawn people :-)

Denmark by my very limited experience is a very nice country. Pleasant
and well-kept by the looks of it. I once asked a half-stranger I met in
Usenet to house 3 people overnight, no problem. The breakfast was even
better than the bed :-)

Risto

Thanks for the reply, Risto. I guess we'll have to postpone Helsinki for a
while. Maybe we'll keep it in mind for a motorcycle trip one year. We're
looking forward to visiting Copenhagen.
***** Have a Spectacular Day! *****

John