Default Does your boat rest on.........................

"jamesgangnc" wrote in message
oups.com...
I believe the keel rollers are just to prevent your boat from hitting
the trailer while loading and to assist with the loading. It is ok for
boats to be supported 100% by the bunks and bunks provide better
support than rollers. For best support make sure your boat is
positioned so that the edge of the transom is at the end of the bunks.
It is better not to have your transom hanging off the end of the bunks.

JimH wrote:
..........your trailer rollers or your trailer bunks?

Mine is 100% on the 4 bunks and I may have to make some changes.

However, I only trailer when on vacation and during the off season.

Thank you for clearing this up James. I was concerned as none of the keel
is supported by the keel rollers on the trailer.

FWB FWB is offline

On Thu, 03 Aug 2006 18:20:57 -0400, JimH
jimhUNDERSCOREosudad@yahooDOTcom wrote:

........your trailer rollers or your trailer bunks?

I have a roller trailer, so rollers. The keel rests only on the forward
and stern rollers--there is a keel roller amidships that appears to be
there for loading and unloading, not for support.

My gut reaction to your question is that, if the trailer was sold with the
boat by a reputable dealer as the appropriate trailer for your boat, not
to worry.

--
Blogging from Pine View Farm--http://frankwbell.no-ip.info/weblog
Updates daily. Worthwhile updates occasionally.

fwb2355 is a spam trap. Email frankwbell at comcast.net

Slackware (http://www.slackware.com) and Opera (http://www.opera.com):
the ultimate internet experience.

Rollers on an E-Z Loader Trailer