Default Running Trailer Wire

So I got some good ideas from this group on how to repair a wire that a
mouse chewed through. I had to pull the wire out of the trailer to
make two repairs and it pulled out easily. I made the repairs tonight
and when I went to try and run the wire back through it got stuck about
a quarter way through. I'm using some stiff copper wire I have to
guide the trailer wire. So I tried the copper wire from the other end
and made it to about the same point that I got stuck on the other
direction. I'm thinking the mouse decided to also make a lovely nest
or something inside the trailer and that's what's getting me stuck.
Anyone have any tricks to clearing out a trailer "arm" to get wire
through? I don't really have anything long enough that's also pretty
inflexible to reach that point where I get stuck.

Bose wrote:
So I got some good ideas from this group on how to repair a wire that a
mouse chewed through. I had to pull the wire out of the trailer to
make two repairs and it pulled out easily. I made the repairs tonight
and when I went to try and run the wire back through it got stuck about
a quarter way through. I'm using some stiff copper wire I have to
guide the trailer wire. So I tried the copper wire from the other end
and made it to about the same point that I got stuck on the other
direction. I'm thinking the mouse decided to also make a lovely nest
or something inside the trailer and that's what's getting me stuck.
Anyone have any tricks to clearing out a trailer "arm" to get wire
through? I don't really have anything long enough that's also pretty
inflexible to reach that point where I get stuck.

Oops, should have tied a string to the old wire when you pulled it
back! Try using something more substantial than a piece of wire. Like a
piece of all-thread rod or small pipe.

"Bose" wrote in message
oups.com...
So I got some good ideas from this group on how to repair a wire that a
mouse chewed through. I had to pull the wire out of the trailer to
make two repairs and it pulled out easily. I made the repairs tonight
and when I went to try and run the wire back through it got stuck about
a quarter way through. I'm using some stiff copper wire I have to
guide the trailer wire. So I tried the copper wire from the other end
and made it to about the same point that I got stuck on the other
direction. I'm thinking the mouse decided to also make a lovely nest
or something inside the trailer and that's what's getting me stuck.
Anyone have any tricks to clearing out a trailer "arm" to get wire
through? I don't really have anything long enough that's also pretty
inflexible to reach that point where I get stuck.

The 3-conductor wire you wire houses with is nice & stiff, and makes a great
snake for many situations. 12 gauge would be heavy enough to knock a nest
out of the trailer's frame.

boat trailer question, pics of trailer, opinions? Bill McKee General 0 December 12th 05 03:26 AM
Ideas on updating my 76 trailer plz. Dave General 7 March 18th 04 06:49 PM
Running motor on trailer Franko General 0 January 31st 04 11:42 PM
trailer to cradle steveJ Boat Building 6 January 31st 04 05:03 PM
Correct Trailer set up for towing my speedboat. Chester General 3 July 28th 03 12:55 PM