Default Gasoline prices - another record high

Harry Krause wrote:
Gas prices up to record high

Locally-
It's actually down about 40-50 cents a gallon from just a few weeks
ago. I paid as much as $3.90 a gallon (for high test) at roadside gas
stations in June. That giant price was up in Bellingham, which is only
a few miles from a couple of huge oil refineries so obviously it
included the high cost of transporting the product. :-)

I can now buy gas anywhere now for $3.15- $3.30. That now seems like a
relative bargain, (which is the goal of all the psychological games
they're playing, IMO, with gas pricing). I'm sure the general idea is
to condition us that "high prices" don't really begin until we're at
$4/gallon.

So according to some, the supply of gasoline must have loosened up
considerably in the last few weeks. Makes sense, with another major war
flaring up and the summer driving season at its zenith? Not to me. But
I'm just an old skeptic on this issue.

I thought the pre-election ease up of gasoline prices wouldn't begin
until after Labor Day, but maybe BIG OIL thinks their preferred
political candidates are in serious enough trouble that a little good
news, (like gas "back down" to $3) is in order.

I just wish they'd find some time instead of early summer to screw with
our heads over gas prices each year. (Puts a lot of people off of
buying and enjoying boats).

Joy will be when it hits about $6 per gallon. Fewer boats on the water thus
enhancing the pleasure of those of us who will be out there regardless of
cost. Fewer cars on the road and those on the road driving a bit more
slowly.

Major downside will be more sailboats.

Oh well, one can't seem to have it all. :=)

Butch
"Chuck Gould" wrote in message
oups.com...

Butch Davis wrote:
Joy will be when it hits about $6 per gallon. Fewer boats on the water thus
enhancing the pleasure of those of us who will be out there regardless of
cost. Fewer cars on the road and those on the road driving a bit more
slowly.

Major downside will be more sailboats.

Oh well, one can't seem to have it all. :=)

Assuming your post was somewhat tongue in cheek;

As much as we would all enjoy fewer boats competing for fishing spots,
space at a marina, or right of way in a narrow channel we actually all
rely on that great number of boats in at least an indirect manner. Cut
way back on the number of boats on the water, and expect to see the
service and support industries collapse like a row of dominoes.
Boatyards, chandleries, fuel docks, transient marinas, repair
professionals etc. are, in a lot of cases, just hanging on by
fingernails now. The boating industry attracts a lot of hobby
businesses, as well as people who think it would be "fun" to be
involved in boating, so competition can be brutal for the amount of
existing business. When all (or most) of the big block gas speed boats
are retired or used mch less frequently, that will
change the dynamics of the service and support marketplace. Products
and services might be come harder to find, and when found may prove to
be far more expensive.

Butch Davis wrote:
[...]

Definitely have to agree with you there........the marina I am in is over
30% empty......(it is middle level for the area WRT price vs facilities.)
My fear is that if it goes on much longer like this, they will sell it to
some condo developer and the slips will disappear.