Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Default mercury outboard motor

I have a 1987 100 HP Mercury Outboard motor. I have two questions.
The first has to do with the fact that my motor has that goofy two
cylinder operation until you give it gas and then all four cylinders
kick in. I want to disable that feature as it only makes it slower
popping skiers out of the water. Is there any easy way to do that?
Secondly, the specs for the 100 HP motor and the next larger size (I
can't remember if it was 115 or 120HP) were the same. Same bore and
stroke. Because of that I am wondering if it would be easy to switch
the reed valves out and maybe the carbuerator and then get the same
performance as I would have if I had bought the larger motor in the
first place. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Slacker