Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Default A weekend on the water

I've spent nearly the last two months replacing the engine in my 19ft
Stingray Super Sport. It was finally finished Friday. So we went to
Lake Badin on Saturday. Took my two kids, mother, and girlfriend. It
was hot as all get out and we did our fair share of sweating in the
sun. My boys learned to ski. I couldn't believe hot fast they picked
it up. My youngest was up and skiing on his 4th try. We all caught
several fish each and had a great time. With the new engine and about
800 pounds of people and gear it hit 38mph for a short time. I didn't
run it very long past about 90% throttle. Didn't need to. Most of the
time I kept it at about 80%. The kids got nice tans and we all had a
ball.

Then on Sunday I took my youngest son, sister, niece, nephew and
mother to Lake Tillery. For some reason the road there was blocked
and we had to take a detour down roads that are really too narrow to
tow a boat on a trailer down. But we got there and got in line to
launch. Before we could back down the ramp some guy weaseled his way
on the ramp first. So after waiting for him I back down and there was
this boat idling at the dock blocking the ramp area. I asked politely
for them to pull their boat up about 3ft so I wouldn't hit it with my
boat and they refused. After sitting there with my foot on the brakes
for about 5 minutes while they just sat there doing nothing I pulled
up and backed the trailer down sorta sideways. Finally launched and
then waited patiently for 15 more minutes for them to move their boat
so my family could board mine. At that point I gave up and ordered the
family to walk about 1500 ft down the shore to this restaurant that
has docks and board there.

I told them to walk but Mom drove. The guy who owns the restaurant is
a grade A asshole. He won't let anyone fish from his docks, won't let
anyone park in his lot, gets ****ed when people do anything at his
place. I talked with him once trying to get permission to fish from
his dock and learned that this guy has no business in business. He's
just a real jerk. So anyway, I board the family while yelling at Mom
to drive back to the boat launch. Mr Asshole Q Jerk is making a
beeline for us the whole time. I guess he has nothing better to do
than guard his precious docks every weekend. He sure ain't cooking
food and selling it to people. It's been deserted every time I have
been in that area. I hope he ends up homeless. It would set the ass
right.

Anyway, by the time all this has elapsed the initial dock hogs had
moved on and Mom boarded quickly. We took off and had tons of fun. It
was evening and we found a cove that was shaded by a mountain and
fished and swam for a while. My youngest wanted to ski so he gave it a
shot and ended up making for about a mile on his last try. We made it
Morrow Mtn and fished near the dam for a while as the sun set.

On the way back I was in 10ft of water and hit something, don't know
what and took a chunk out of my prop. Glad I have a spare. I wonder
what it costs to fix those things?

Got back to the dock and it was loaded with rednecks fishing. I got
the boat loaded up and proceeded to get lost on the way home. But all
in all it was a good day. It would be been much better without the
dock hogs and Mr Asshole. But still, worth all the effort of the last
two months.