Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Default Low oil pressure? Is it low or just me?

I have a 94' Chaparral w/ a Mercruiser V8 I/O.. I have noticed recently that
after driving the boat a while (tubing, skiing, cruising) and then i put the
boat in idle the oil pressure is around 20, but then when i start up and run
it again it's back up to 40. Now I know the oil thins when it heats to
cause the lower pressure, but is 20 too low? and is 40 good while running
hard? Oil level and check is ok, and i beleive i have straigh 40 weight in
it.

Any info is appreciated!!!