Default ran my boat on land this weekend in the dark. HELP!!!!

I have a 1973 Tri sonic. Inboard/outdrive. 140 mercruiser.
We were maneuvering through the lake in the dark this weekend and hit a
low area. The hull is not damaged at all, but it tore the heck out of
my propeller. (a couple of little chunks missing and its bent on the
edges). Now, when I accelerate in the water, the engine revs up well
but it doesn't want to move the boat well. I have a hard time getting
up to speed. (Also alittle vibration that comes and goes)
My question is, Did my engine coupler slip in the rubber or my
propeller slip in the rubber? Which is more likely? The coupler is new.

Prop repair costs $35 to $75 depending on how much damage and labor charges,
which seem to vary by region.
If your prop has a rubber hub, it may be damaged, too. The hub is designed
to absorb impact. If your prop is as old as your boat, it's probably pretty
worn and is slipping, so the prop isn't getting full power.

"tracy" wrote in message
oups.com...
I have a 1973 Tri sonic. Inboard/outdrive. 140 mercruiser.
We were maneuvering through the lake in the dark this weekend and hit a
low area. The hull is not damaged at all, but it tore the heck out of
my propeller. (a couple of little chunks missing and its bent on the
edges). Now, when I accelerate in the water, the engine revs up well
but it doesn't want to move the boat well. I have a hard time getting
up to speed. (Also alittle vibration that comes and goes)
My question is, Did my engine coupler slip in the rubber or my
propeller slip in the rubber? Which is more likely? The coupler is new.

"tracy" wrote
My question is, Did my engine coupler slip in the rubber or my
propeller slip in the rubber? Which is more likely? The coupler is new.

I'm told that engine couplers produce a burning rubber aroma when they slip.
If you don't have that, it's probably the prop.

Ernest Scribbler wrote:
"tracy" wrote
My question is, Did my engine coupler slip in the rubber or my
propeller slip in the rubber? Which is more likely? The coupler is new.

I'm told that engine couplers produce a burning rubber aroma when they slip.
If you don't have that, it's probably the prop.

Thank you to everyone that replied to my post. It has been very
helpful!

tracy wrote:
Ernest Scribbler wrote:
"tracy" wrote
My question is, Did my engine coupler slip in the rubber or my
propeller slip in the rubber? Which is more likely? The coupler is new.

I'm told that engine couplers produce a burning rubber aroma when they slip.
If you don't have that, it's probably the prop.

Thank you to everyone that replied to my post. It has been very
helpful!

It was the prop. It spun in the rubber. Thank you So much to everyone
who responded to my post.