Mark

Default Lake Eufala Question

Perhaps there are some folks here that have been on Eufala...

I heard a radio add today that claimed that Eufala is "clear blue". If
so, this would be dramatically different than any other lake in that
part of the country.

Can anyone confirm or deny?

If it is clear, approximate visibility?

Thanks,
Mark
William Bruce

"Mark" wrote in message
.net...
Perhaps there are some folks here that have been on Eufala...

I heard a radio add today that claimed that Eufala is "clear blue". If
so, this would be dramatically different than any other lake in that
part of the country.

Can anyone confirm or deny?

If it is clear, approximate visibility?

Thanks,
Mark

It's in a part of the state that is mostly sandy, as opposed to the rich
black soil of the farming areas. As a result, it is usually clearer than
most other Alabama lakes. We're in a dry spell now in the Southeast, so it
probably is clearer than usual, although I haven't been there this year.

William

William

Jim Rusling

Mark wrote:

Perhaps there are some folks here that have been on Eufala...

I heard a radio add today that claimed that Eufala is "clear blue". If
so, this would be dramatically different than any other lake in that
part of the country.

Can anyone confirm or deny?

If it is clear, approximate visibility?

Thanks,
Mark

If you are talking about Lake Eufala in Oklahoma then Eufala is not
very clear. The north end is red and it does get clearer as you go
south. If you are thinking of skin diving, I don't think there are
many areas that would be suitable.
--
Jim Rusling
More or Less Retired
Jim Rusling

Mark wrote:

In article ,
says...
Mark wrote:

Perhaps there are some folks here that have been on Eufala...

I heard a radio add today that claimed that Eufala is "clear blue". If
so, this would be dramatically different than any other lake in that
part of the country.

Can anyone confirm or deny?

If it is clear, approximate visibility?

Thanks,
Mark

If you are talking about Lake Eufala in Oklahoma

Sorry, didn't realize there's more than one.
Referring to the one on the border of AL and GA.

Thanks

No problem, I suspected as much.
--
Jim Rusling