Dal

Default hei distributor

using hei distributor on 350 mercruiser set up. shift cable and linkage
all checks ok but stalling condition exists nearly every gear direction
change. used interrupt switch ground side control to tach (-) terminal
of hei. this seems to give desired interrupt but engine does not
usually recover rather it stalls and leaves for potential collision
scenario. asides from not using automotive hei distributors on marine
application because of explosion hazards is there any reason why this
is not functioning properly? can I install a resitor between interrupt
and coil (-) or should I tap into module somehow? any quick and dirty
solutions out there?

Jim

You are looking at least a shift cable kit replacement. They sell kits now
that usually have enough parts to do the job. There are no down and dirty
solutions to boat problems.
Jim
"Dal" wrote in message
ups.com...
using hei distributor on 350 mercruiser set up. shift cable and linkage
all checks ok but stalling condition exists nearly every gear direction
change. used interrupt switch ground side control to tach (-) terminal
of hei. this seems to give desired interrupt but engine does not
usually recover rather it stalls and leaves for potential collision
scenario. asides from not using automotive hei distributors on marine
application because of explosion hazards is there any reason why this
is not functioning properly? can I install a resitor between interrupt
and coil (-) or should I tap into module somehow? any quick and dirty
solutions out there?

350 V8 penta engine full of water after winter (Won't move) T-Rav Boat Building 13 June 20th 06 11:44 PM
engine will not start bayman General 9 June 17th 06 05:10 AM
distributor cap condensation Charles T. Low General 12 May 22nd 06 08:07 PM