noah

Default how to...

On Wed, 9 Jul 2003 22:29:31 -0500, "Jason"
wrote:

1985 merc outboard, 35 hp...

I want to change the lower unit oil in my outboard. I can locate the lower
screw but I dont see the upper screw anywhere... could anyone help me out?
Am i looking for something that doesnt exsist? My other outboards had 2
screws?

thanks!

Jason- on my 35 Merc (slightly newer), the top screw is immediately in
front of the anticavitation plate (port side), and is marked "Vent".
The bottom (filler) screw is right on the nose of the "bullet" (again,
slightly port).

Hope this helps.
noah

Courtesy of Lee Yeaton,