NOYB

Default Air Compressors...

"basskisser" wrote in message
oups.com...

Sam wrote:
"basskisser" wrote in message
oups.com...

Harry Krause wrote:
I'm looking for a new semi-portable air compressor for various
purposes.

Here's a spec for the models I am considering.

CFM/PSI 3.6@100 3.8@100 4.5@100

Let's say I have a tire on a 17" wheel to fill to 55 psi.

What is the approximate time it will take each of these compressors to
fill the tire, everything else being equal?

Is there a formula?

Thanks (English major here)

The size of the tank is important here, as well as the maximum tank
psi. If your compressor has a larger tank than the volume of the tire,
then it's almost instantaneous, slowed down only by the size of the
various component openings like valve stems, hose, fittings, etc.

Sorry, but you're wrong. Each one of those compressors will fill the tire
at
the same rate since each exceeds the CFM that the valve stem will allow.

Am I the only one that can read the statement that it's slowed down
"ONLY BY THE SIZE OF VARIOUS COMPONENT OPENINGS LIKE VALVE STEMS, HOSE,
FITTINGS, ETC." ????

"almost instantaneous"

hehehehe

basskisser

Harry Krause wrote:
[...]

Again, you idiot, ALMOST is a relative term.....
And to think those old farts let you mess with their false teeth.