Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Al D

Default Evinrude Junior outboard motor..

I stumbled accross an old Evinrude Junior outboard motor today in a
local chandlers: asking price £60 / $100. They assure me it's in good
working order. It looks like it's well over 10 years old. I have the
option of taking it back if I'm not happy. Research tells me it's
probably 2hp. Does this sound like a good deal? I want it to power a
14ft open canoe. Have never owned an outboard motor before. Can anyone
give me any tips on faults to look out for, or where I can obtain an
owner's manual or any such helpful info? The guy in the shop says "you
just put fuel in (50:1) and off you go; there's nothing much else to
worry about." He says I can lay it flat in the boot of my car when
it's not in use. Is that correct?

TIA for any info...

Al D