Josh Assing

Default Throttle Body fuel injection for OMC 4.3L cobra?

At first we thought we had a loose wire, but now we think the carb needs a
rebuild, specifically, adjusting the float in the carb.

So; we have a few options, rebuild ourself, have someone rebuild, or buy a
new/rebuilt carb.

That got me thinking -- years ago; I had a mustang and put in "throttle body"
fuel injection which worked nicely & improved response & millage.

Does anyone know of a kit that work in a marine environment?

Also; the points were just replaced last year and already show serious pitting
signs -- has anyone done this:

http://www.michiganmotorz.com/4.3L+D...tribut or+kit

For the price of all the components -- and never having to adjust dwell & points
again; it doesn't sound that bad -- except for getting the old distributor out
w/o moving the engine....

-j

--- AntiSpam/harvest ---
Remove X's to send email to me.
trainfan1

Josh Assing wrote:
At first we thought we had a loose wire, but now we think the carb needs a
rebuild, specifically, adjusting the float in the carb.

So; we have a few options, rebuild ourself, have someone rebuild, or buy a
new/rebuilt carb.

That got me thinking -- years ago; I had a mustang and put in "throttle body"
fuel injection which worked nicely & improved response & millage.

Does anyone know of a kit that work in a marine environment?

Also; the points were just replaced last year and already show serious pitting
signs -- has anyone done this:

http://www.michiganmotorz.com/4.3L+D...tribut or+kit

For the price of all the components -- and never having to adjust dwell & points
again; it doesn't sound that bad -- except for getting the old distributor out
w/o moving the engine....

Holley makes a TBI marine unit.

For the distributor, just get a Pertronix breakerless kit - under $100.00.

http://www.vintageperformance.com/re...s/mercruis.htm

Rob
Josh Assing

Holley makes a TBI marine unit.

Got a lead on it? I couldn't find it.

For the distributor, just get a Pertronix breakerless kit - under $100.00.

I called them, they didn't have something for the 4.3L cobra -- I asked about
"GM 4.3L" and they weren't "positive" on hte fitment.

I've used petronix on a lot of rigs -- so that was actually my 1st choice.

Thanks
-josh

--- AntiSpam/harvest ---
Remove X's to send email to me.
trainfan1

http://www.bullet.on.ca/part_upgrade.html

For the distributor, just get a Pertronix breakerless kit - under $100.00.

I called them, they didn't have something for the 4.3L cobra -- I asked about
"GM 4.3L" and they weren't "positive" on hte fitment.

You did say Cobra...

http://www.go2marine.com/product.do?no=86636F

Rob

trainfan1

trainfan1 wrote:

Josh Assing wrote:

Holley makes a TBI marine unit.

Got a lead on it? I couldn't find it.

http://www.bullet.on.ca/part_upgrade.html

For the distributor, just get a Pertronix breakerless kit - under
$100.00.

I called them, they didn't have something for the 4.3L cobra -- I
asked about
"GM 4.3L" and they weren't "positive" on hte fitment.

You did say Cobra...

http://www.go2marine.com/product.do?no=86636F

Rob

Also:

http://vichubbard.com/shop/home.php?...ble=Y&cat=2420

Rob

Josh Assing

http://vichubbard.com/shop/home.php?...ble=Y&cat=2420

Contacted holley -- here's the response

Subject: HLY-000000000034845
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2006 13:29:13 -0500

Sorry, Do not have a system for the 4.3 enegine.

WW

Your question was:
I have a holley carb on the boat now; looking for a TBI that would be USCG for
marine use.

THanks
-josh

If you have further questions, please reply directly to this email with history
without altering the subject line.

--- AntiSpam/harvest ---
Remove X's to send email to me.
Josh Assing

Holley makes a TBI marine unit.
http://www.bullet.on.ca/part_upgrade.html

Thanks, I'll call them on it.

For the distributor, just get a Pertronix breakerless kit - under $100.00.

You did say Cobra...
http://www.go2marine.com/product.do?no=86636F

Classic -- when a company's rep doesn't even know their own product line.
(pertronix)

Thanks
-josh

--- AntiSpam/harvest ---
Remove X's to send email to me.
Maxx1676

I installed a holly marine unit on my 350 chevy marine engine and had severe
flooding problems, and had to go back to the trusty Carb.Holly told me that
if the battery voltage wasnt at least 11.5 volts that it would flood.After
many arguements with them and threats of taking them to court they refunded
75% of my money back.Expensive for 5 hours of use.Stay with the carb.not
dependable enough...Thats why Crusader is still using Carbs.

Josh Assing

Thanks for the info.
-j

Johnson/Evinrude Casey Simmons General 2 March 23rd 11 05:20 AM
If you want to cut your fuel bill, get off the throttle [email protected] General 26 May 2nd 06 01:46 AM
`72 Evinrude V4 Problem Chehalis Jeff General 10 April 30th 06 12:04 PM
(non-political) comments on fuel economy and technology [email protected] General 28 February 5th 06 10:22 PM
Gas Hog Cars, same phenomenon as boats [email protected] General 19 November 10th 05 07:56 PM