Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Default Alberto prep

On hearing that Alberto was going to become a weak hurricane, I decided
to go back down to the coast to tie up my boat better. I had tied her
up pretty well yesterday but thought I might be able to secure her to
pilings in case the floating dock floated free. I really couldnt find
a way to get her much more secure because the other people at the dock
had objected to my tying ropes across the dock to shore for hurricane
Dennis last year so I just tied various parts of the dock together so
it would be harder to float off.
I was surprised that the water was already rising from the storm and
was about 2' above a very high tide and continuing to rise. What was
really surprising was that nobody else seemed to have done any
preparation at all, weird. I tied some dinghies on the dingy dock a
little better and then looked around. There were many cars that looked
as if they were not going to be moved before the water rose a lot.
Either people are remarkably blase about a weak storm or they could not
get off work to secure their boats.