Default Flushing a jet ski

We're taking our jet ski down to Florida for a month. We've arranged
at a marina for something like dry docking, or whatever it's called.
They will put it in on demand and then when we're through, they take
it out. This will go on for a month. It will probably be in and out
of the water at least 10 times.

I know that salt water has a corrosive effect on the ski. My question
is if one month's worth of time in and out of salt water is cause for
us to flush it every time we take it out, or if it is safe to merely
flush it at the end when we head back home.

Thanks, Michael

Hank

Flushing a jet ski? Great idea! Just don't use one of those new water
saver toilets. You need a full flush for something that size.

JohnH wrote:

I've got an I/O Mercruiser 5.7L, and it gets flushed *every* time it
gets taken out of the salt water, which is after each use.

***********
Thanks. Based on what you say and also being on the safe side,
we're going to flush every time also. The wife is going to check to
see if they have that set up for us at the marina.

Thanks again, Michael

richforman wrote:

....Better than
on-demand hauling and launching, I'd recommend looking into a marina,
there must be many, that have drive-on jet-docks availalbe you can park
your 'ski on while you keep it with them, maybe you could rent one long
time (look into pwc dealerships or rental outfits, maybe you could work
something out.

*************
Thanks. The wife has been looking for a place, but it's been a long
distance thing. We are just about limited to internet searches, and
although some places have that visibility, a lot don't. My guess would
be that a lot of the smaller operations that would be willing to
accomodate us aren't on the net. The predominant answer for the
Jacksonville area close to Jacksonville Beach is that you pay for a
full slip. Going price for short term rental is $30/day. That is
simply
not feasible for a month's stay. I would sooner put it in and take it
out. That is, if the ramp fee was not too much. You can find ramp
fees in Indiana that run $30.

Michael

wrote:
richforman wrote:

[...]

Another solution would be to find a marina that would let you just park
your trailer with the 'ski on it, and use their ramp for every ride,
for a reasonable price for the whole month. (Loading/launching a pwc
at a ramp is no big deal it all, it's quick and kind of fun and if they
have hose hookup you can use, you can have it all flushed out and
washed down in maybe a half-hour.) That would seem to be a win-win for
them. I did that when I visited my parents in Marco Island for a week,
but my stepdad was a customer at the marina so he was able to help
arrange that for me.

I would keep at it, like I suggested, have your wife call a business
familiar and sympathetic with the pwc side of things like a pwc
dealership, hopefully someone at one of them would be able to point you
in the direction of some kind of operation (like a dealer or rental
operation, maybe out of a resort if there are any there) or another
marina (that was too small or low-key to come up in your internet
research) that has Jet-Docks.
Pay for a full boat-size slip and expect to keep it tied up in the salt
water? That sounds like someone trying to take unfair advantage.

richforman

flushing kit [email protected] General 0 May 24th 06 10:31 PM
How to Start an Outboard Motor Without Actually Starting It? [email protected] General 5 November 29th 05 02:20 AM
How To Correctly Use Flush Adapter? [email protected] General 7 November 17th 05 05:25 PM