Default IPods, Cell phones and salt water

My son went swimming with his Ipod and Cell phone in his pocket. He
was in the water only a few minutes and when he realized it we got the
battery out of the cell phone.
I took the phone to work and soaked it in methanol (to soak up residual
water and remove salt) and then put it in a vacuum system to pump out
all the water as vapor. Cycled it several times. Then removed
corrosion from the battery terminals.
Amazing, it turns on. However, it seems to indicate that it cannot
read the memory card. The memory card contacts are clean. Could this
card have been wiped clean by immersion?

Now, on to the IPod. I had no idea how to remove its battery so it
will suffer more. So, what should I do with it?

D-unit

The last pager I owned several years ago vibrated in my pocket
as a dying gasp on being dunked in sal****er at the boat ramp
trying to rescue a most uncooperative boat.

Just for a split second, I wondered "whos paging me now?"

Hehe heh.

db~ bzzzzz...blub..blup .......

oups.com...